- •The F8WT has good reliability and validity in mildly disabled pwMS.
- •The F8WT is sensitive test that can detecte small changes in pwMS.
- •The F8WT evaluate gait skills and balance in pwMS.
- •The test can be easily used in inpatients and outpatients due to the short application time.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Standard deviations and standard errors.Br. Med. J. 2005; 331: 903https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.331.7521.903
- The reliability and validity of the Figure of 8 Walk test in older people with knee replacement: does the setting have an impact?.Physiotherapy. 2019; 105: 76-83https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physio.2018.07.003
- Validity of six balance disorders scales in persons with multiple sclerosis.Disabil. Rehabil. 2006; 28: 789-795https://doi.org/10.1080/09638280500404289
- Human walking along a curved path. I. Body trajectory, segment orientation and the effect of vision.Eur. J. Neurosci. 2003; 18: 177-190https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1460-9568.2003.02736.x
- The Berg Balance Scale has high intra-and inter-rater reliability but absolute reliability varies across the scale: a systematic review.J. Physiother. 2013; 59: 93-99https://doi.org/10.1016/S1836-9553(13)70161-9
- Predicting habitual walking performance in multiple sclerosis: relevance of capacity and self-report measures.Mult. Scler. 2010; 16: 618-626https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458510361357
- Interpreting change scores of tests and measures used in physical therapy.Phys. Ther. 2006; 86: 735-743
- Walking skill can be assessed in older adults: validity of the Figure-of-8 Walk Test.Phys. Ther. 2010; 90: 89-99https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20080121
- A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research.J. Chiropr. Med. 2016; 15: 155-163https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcm.2016.02.012
- The pathology of multiple sclerosis and its evolution.Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B Biol. Sci. 1999; 354: 1635-1640https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.1999.0508
- Reliability and clinical significance of mobility and balance assessments in multiple sclerosis.Int. J. Rehabil. Res. 2012; 35: 69-74https://doi.org/10.1097/MRR.0b013e328350b65f
- How to assess the reliability of measurements in rehabilitation.Am. J. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2005; 84: 719-723https://doi.org/10.1097/01.phm.0000176452.17771.20
- Falls in multiple sclerosis.PM R. 2011; 3: 624-632https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmrj.2011.04.015
- Reliability of the Dynamic Gait Index in individuals with multiple sclerosis.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2005; 86: 130-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.11.033
- A core set of outcome measures for adults with neurologic conditions undergoing rehabilitation: a clinical practice guideline.J. Neurol. Phys. Ther. 2018; 42: 174https://doi.org/10.1097/NPT.0000000000000229
- Neurological disability and its association with walking impairment in multiple sclerosis: brief review.Neurodegener. Dis. Manag. 2014; 4: 491-500https://doi.org/10.2217/nmt.14.32
- The kinematics and kinetics of turning: limb asymmetries associated with walking a circular path.Gait Posture. 2006; 23: 106-111https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2004.12.008
- Foundations of Clinical research: Applications to Practice. 892. Pearson/Prentice Hall Upper Saddle River, NJ2009
- Reliability and validity of the Turkish version of the Berg Balance Scale.J. Geriatr. Phys. Ther. 2008; 31: 32-37https://doi.org/10.1519/00139143-200831010-00006
- Outcome measures used in trials on gait rehabilitation in multiple sclerosis: a systematic literature review.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0257809https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0257809
- The psychometric properties of the figure-of-eight walk test in people with Parkinson's disease.Disabil. Rehabil. 2022; 22: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2022.2028020
- Four Square Step Test in ambulant persons with multiple sclerosis: validity, reliability, and responsiveness.Int. J. Rehabil. Res. 2013; 36: 253-259https://doi.org/10.1097/MRR.0b013e32835fd97f
- Quantifying test-retest reliability using the intraclass correlation coefficient and the SEM.J. Strength Cond. Res. 2005; 19: 231-240https://doi.org/10.1519/15184.1
- The Figure-of-Eight Walk test: reliability and associations with stroke-specific impairments.Disabil. Rehabil. 2013; 35: 1896-1902https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2013.766274
Clinical Trial: NCT05433714