- •Multiple sclerosis (MS) is associated with high societal and economic burden in Lebanon.
- •Cladribine tablets are a budget saving treatment option for HDA-RMS in Lebanon.
- •Cladribine tablets are the cost-effective treatment option for HDA-RMS in Lebanon.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- A forgotten aspect of the NICE reference case: an observational study of the health related quality of life impact on caregivers of people with multiple sclerosis.BMC Health Serv. Res. 2013; 13: 1-8
- Estimating the comparative efficacy of cladribine tablets versus alternative disease modifying treatments in active relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis: adjusting for patient characteristics using meta-regression and matching-adjusted indirect treatmen.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2019; 35: 1371-1378
- A placebo-controlled trial of oral cladribine for relapsing multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 362 (Feb.): 416-426
- Cladribine to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.Neurotherapeutics. 2017; 14: 874-887
- Safety and efficacy of cladribine tablets in patients with relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis: results from the randomized extension trial of the CLARITY study.Mult. Scler. J. 2018; 24: 1594-1604
- Health utilities for multiple sclerosis.Value Health. 2016; 19: 460-468
- Multiple sclerosis: relapses, resource use, and costs.Eur. J. Health Econ. 2016; 17: 875-884
- Cost-effectiveness of cladribine tablets, alemtuzumab, and natalizumab in the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis with high disease activity in England.J. Med. Econ. 2018; 21: 676-686
- Multiple sclerosis epidemiology in Middle East and North Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neuroepidemiology. 2015; 44: 232-244
- Treatment experience, burden and unmet needs (TRIBUNE) in MS study: results from five European countries.Mult. Scler. J. 2012; 18 (_supplJun): 7-15
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983; 33 (Nov): 1444-1452
- Effect of oral cladribine on time to conversion to clinically definite multiple sclerosis in patients with a first demyelinating event (ORACLE MS): a phase 3 randomised trial.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13 (Mar.): 257-267
- Health state utilities associated with attributes of treatments for hepatitis C.Eur. J. Health Econ. 2015; 16: 1005-1018
- Cladribine tablets added to IFN-β in active relapsing MS.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2018; 5 (Sep.): e477
European Medicines Agency. Mavenclad: EPAR - Summary for the Public. 2017. Available from: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/overview/mavenclad-epar-summary-public_en.pdf.
Multiple Sclerosis Trust. How common is multiple sclerosis?. 2021. Available from: https://mstrust.org.uk/a-z/how-common-multiple-sclerosis#targetText=Multiple sclerosis in the UK.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Cladribine for treating relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis - Technology appraisal guidance [TA616]. 2019. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta616.
- The effect of disease, functional status, and relapses on the utility of people with multiple sclerosis in the UK.Value Health. 2007; 10: 54-60
- Cost-effectiveness of apixaban for the treatment of atrial fibrillation patients in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.Value Health. 2016; 19: A652
- UK multiple sclerosis risk-sharing scheme: a new natural history dataset and an improved Markov model.BMJ Open. 2014; 4: 1-10
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of interferon beta and glatiramer acetate in the UK multiple sclerosis risk sharing scheme at 6 years: a clinical cohort study with natural history comparator.Lancet Neurol. 2015; 14: 497-505
- The sequence of disease-modifying therapies in relapsing multiple sclerosis: safety and immunologic considerations.J. Neurol. 2017; 264: 2351-2374
- Association of British neurologists: revised (2015) guidelines for prescribing disease-modifying treatments in multiple sclerosis.Pract. Neurol. 2015; 15: 273-279
- LSN MS guidelines for the management of multiple sclerosis.Rev. Neurol. 2013; 169 (Paris)Dec: 950-955
- Systematic literature review and network meta-analysis of cladribine tablets versus alternative disease-modifying treatments for relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2018; 34: 1361-1371
- Cost-effectiveness of disease-modifying therapies in the management of multiple sclerosis for the medicare population.Value Health. 2009; 12: 657-665
Olek MJ, Mowry E. Initial disease-modifying therapy for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in adults. 2022. Available from: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/initial-disease-modifying-therapy-for-relapsing-remitting-multiple-sclerosis-in-adults?search=initial-disease-modifying-therapy-for-relapsing-remitting-multiple-sclerosis-in-adults.&source=search_result&selectedTitle=1∼150&usage_type=default&display_rank=1.
- Cost effectiveness of beta interferons and glatiramer acetate in the management of multiple sclerosis.Final Report to the National Institute for Clinical Excellence. 2001;
- Disease-modifying treatments for multiple sclerosis - a review of approved medications.Eur. J. Neurol. 2016; 23: 18-27
- Breast cancer in young women: health state utility impacts by race/ethnicity.Am. J. Prev. Med. 2016; 50: 262-269
- Clinical characteristics of multiple sclerosis in Lebanon.J. Neurol. Sci. 2008; 270: 88-93
World Health Organization (WHO). Global Health Observatory data repository. Life tables by country - Lebanon. 2018. Available from: https://apps.who.int/gho/data/view.main.60910?lang=en.