- •Currently, few studies that have investigated the prevalence of MS in China based on the latest diagnostic criteria.
- •The case ascertainment procedures of case finding combined with face-to-face diagnosis by experts is more probable to improve the accuracy of this study.
- •Accurate estimates of the prevalence of multiple sclerosis can inform the rational allocation of public health resources.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- The economic burden of multiple sclerosis in the united states: estimate of direct and indirect costs.Neurology. 2022; 98: e1810-e1817
- A population-based survey of multiple sclerosis in Shanghai, China.Neurology. 2007; 68: 1495-1500
- China Smoking Health Risk Report 2020.2020
- Cerebrospinal fluid oligoclonal bands in multiple sclerosis and clinically isolated syndromes: a meta-analysis of prevalence, prognosis and effect of latitude.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2013; 84: 909-914
- Increasing prevalence of familial recurrence of multiple sclerosis in Iran: a population based study of Tehran registry 1999-2015.BMC Neurol. 2018; 18: 15
- Epidemiology and comorbidities of adult multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica in Taiwan, 2001-2015.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2020; 45102425
- The link between multiple sclerosis and depression.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2014; 10: 507-517
- Multiple Sclerosis Patients with Markedly Low Intrathecal Antibody Response in Sri Lanka.Mult. Scler. Int. 2018. 2018; 5342936
Guangzhou Bureau of Statistics, 2021. 2021 Statistical Yearbook, Guangzhou City.
- Cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis.Minerva Med. 2012; 103: 73-96
- Depression and suicidality in multiple sclerosis: red flags, management strategies, and ethical considerations.Curr. Neurol. Neurosci. Rep. 2019; 19: 77
- Multiple sclerosis in the Japanese population.Lancet Neurol. 2003; 2: 117-127
- The clinical course of multiple sclerosis patients in Hong Kong.J. Neurol. Sci. 2008; 268: 78-82
- EpiData (version 3). A comprehensive tool for validated entry and documentation of data.The EpiData Association, Odense Denmark2003
- The frequency of CSF oligoclonal banding in multiple sclerosis increases with latitude.Mult. Scler. 2012; 18: 974-982
- A serum autoantibody marker of neuromyelitis optica: distinction from multiple sclerosis.Lancet. 2004; 364: 2106-2112
- Estimating epidemiological data of Multiple sclerosis using hospitalized data in Shandong Province, China.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2016; 11: 73
- Differentiation of neuromyelitis optica from multiple sclerosis in a cohort from the mainland of China.Chin. Med. J. (Engl.). 2014; 127: 3213-3218
- Comparison of multiple sclerosis patients with and without oligoclonal IgG bands in South China.J. Clin. Neurosci. 2019; 66: 51-55
- Caregiver burden in multiple sclerosis: recent trends and future directions.Curr. Neurol. Neurosci. Rep. 2020; 20: 18
- Alcohol use and burden for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1015-1035
- Recommended diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines from the International Panel on the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2001; 50: 121-127
- New diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines for research protocols.Ann. Neurol. 1983; 13: 227-231
R Core Team, 2019. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria.
- Multiple sclerosis in children and adolescents: incidence and clinical picture - new insights from the nationwide German surveillance (2009-2011).Eur. J. Neurol. 2014; 21: 654-659
- Controversy in the detection of disease.Lancet. 1975; 2: 357-359
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173
- Psychosocial adjustment to multiple sclerosis diagnosis: A meta-review of systematic reviews.Clin. Psychol. Rev. 2020; 82101923
- Multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders in Malaysia: A comparison in different ethnic groups.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018; 25: 300-308