- •Online course about MS increased MS knowledge in people with MS and those without.
- •The gains in MS knowledge were maintained six months after the course finished.
- •People living with MS also improved health literacy and self-efficacy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- What is resilience? An integrative review of the empirical literature.J. Adv. Nurs. 2015; 72: 980-1000
- Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change.Psychol. Rev. 1977; 84: 191-215
- Measurement properties of the Health Literacy Questionnaire in the Understanding Multiple Sclerosis massive open online course cohort: A Rasch analysis.Health Literacy Research and Practice, 2022 (Accepted at)
- Evaluating the impact of the Understanding Multiple Sclerosis online course on participant MS knowledge, health literacy, resilience, self-efficacy, quality of life, and MS symptom severity.MSARD, 2022 (Accepted at)
- Development and psychometric properties of the Multiple Sclerosis Knowledge Assessment Scale: Rasch analysis of a novel tool for evaluating MS knowledge.Mult. Scler. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458520929626
- An investigation of the psychometric properties of the Personal Wellbeing Index.Bachelor (Honours), School of Psychology. Deakin University, VIC, Australia2014
- Building a successful massive open online course (MOOC): A description of our process and lessons learned.J. Med. Int. Res. 2020; 22: e16687
- Association between MS-related knowledge, health literacy, self-efficacy, and quality of life in a large cohort of MS community members: a cross-sectional study.MSARD, 2022 (Accepted at)
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.Routledge Academic, New York, NY1988
- Multiple sclerosis – a review.Eur. J. Neurol. 2019; 26: 27-40
- Building dementia knowledge globally through the Understanding Dementia Massive Open Online Coure (MOOC).NPJ Sci. Learn. 2019; 4https://doi.org/10.1038/s41539-019-0042-4
- What is Quality of life [Internet].International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL), 2021 (Accessed 3 MayAvailable from)
- Information provision for people with multiple sclerosis.Cochr. Datab. Syst. Rev. 2018;
- The grounded psychometric development and initial validation of the Health Literacy Questionnaire (HLQ).BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 658
- The English and Spanish Self-Efficacy to Manage Chronic Disease Scale measures were validated using multiple studies.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 1265-1273
- Generalized Self-Efficacy scale.in: Weinman J. Wright S. Johnston M. Measures in health psychology: A user's portfolio. Causal and control beliefs. NFER-NELSON, Windsor, UK1995: 35-37
- The brief resilience scale: assessing the ability to bounce back.Int. J. Behav. Med. 2008; 15: 194-200
- Health literacy and public health: a systematic review and integration of definitions and models.BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 80
- Person-centred shared decision-making.J. Eval. Clin. Prac. 2019; 25: 1057-1062
- Feelings of depression, pain and walking difficulties have the largest impact on the quality of life of people with multiple sclerosis.MSJ. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458520958369