- •Thalamic atrophy is present in multiple sclerosis in early stages of the disease.
- •Anterior and posterior thalamic nuclei most vulnerable in early multiple sclerosis.
- •Toxic CSF-mediated processes may be at least partially driving thalamic atrophy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Thalamic atrophy in multiple sclerosis: a magnetic resonance imaging marker of neurodegeneration throughout disease: thalamic Atrophy in MS.Ann. Neurol. 2018; 83: 223-234
- Thalamic nuclei volumes and their relationships to neuroperformance in multiple sclerosis: a cross-sectional structural MRI study.J. Magn. Reson. Imaging. 2021; 53: 731-739
- Progression of regional grey matter atrophy in multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2018; 141: 1665-1677
- A surface-in gradient of thalamic damage evolves in pediatric multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2019; 85: 340-351
- Iron content of the pulvinar nucleus of the thalamus is increased in adolescent multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. J. 2013; 19: 567-576
- Regional grey matter atrophy in clinically isolated syndromes at presentation.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2008; 79: 1236-1244
- Increased mean R2* in the deep gray matter of multiple sclerosis patients: have we been measuring atrophy?.J. Magn. Reson. Imaging. 2019; 50: 201-208
- A probabilistic atlas of the human thalamic nuclei combining ex vivo MRI and histology.Neuroimage. 2018; 183: 314-326
- Iron and neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Int. 2011; 2011: 1-6
- Estimated intracranial volume from FreeSurfer is biased by total brain volume.Eur. Radiol. Exp. 2018; 2: 24
- Defining thalamic nuclei and topographic connectivity gradients in vivo.Neuroimage. 2017; 158: 466-479
- Intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms of thalamic pathology in multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2020; 88: 81-92
- The thalamus and multiple sclerosis: modern views on pathologic, imaging, and clinical aspects.Neurology. 2013; 80: 210-219
- Deep grey matter injury in multiple sclerosis: a NAIMS consensus statement.Brain J. Neurol. 2021; (Epub ahead of print 23 MarchDOI:)https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/awab132
- Surface-in pathology in multiple sclerosis: a new view on pathogenesis?.Brain. 2021; 144: 1646-1654
- White-matter-nulled MPRAGE at 7T reveals thalamic lesions and atrophy of specific thalamic nuclei in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. J. 2020; 26: 987-992
- Automated anatomical labelling atlas 3.Neuroimage. 2020; 206116189
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173
- 7T MRI cerebral leptomeningeal enhancement is common in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis and is associated with cortical and thalamic lesions.Mult. Scler. J. 2020; 26: 177-187