- •Anti-NMDAR encephalitis is the most common autoimmune encephalitis.
- •We aimed to investigate the utility of inflammatory markers of hemogram parameters as objective indicators of disease severity.
- •The moderate-to-severe group had higher NLR and MLR when compared with the mild group at admission.
- •NLR with a cut-off value of > 4.232 was an independent risk factor for moderate-to-severe status at admission.
- •NLR and MLR were associated with disease severity at different stages of follow-up but showed no independent predictive value.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Prognosticating autoimmune encephalitis: a systematic review.J. Autoimmun. 2019; 96: 24-34
- Peripheral Immune cell ratios and clinical outcomes in seropositive autoimmune encephalitis: a study by the australian autoimmune encephalitis consortium.Front. Immunol. 2020; 11597858
- An update on anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis for neurologists and psychiatrists: mechanisms and models.Lancet Neurol. 2019; 18: 1045-1057
- Antibody-mediated encephalitis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 378: 840-851
- Anti-N-Methyl-d-aspartate receptor encephalitis in adult patients requiring intensive care.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2017; 195: 491-499
- A clinical approach to diagnosis of autoimmune encephalitis.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 391-404
- Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis: a review of pathogenic mechanisms, treatment, prognosis.Brain Res. 2020; 1727146549
- Influential factors and predictors of anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis associated with severity at admission.Neurol. Sci. 2021; 42: 3835-3841
- Neutrophils in innate and adaptive immunity.Semin. Immunopathol. 2013; 35: 377-394
- Monocyte-to-lymphocyte ratio in clot analysis as a marker of cardioembolic stroke etiology.Transl. Stroke Res. 2021; (Epub ahead of print.)
- Neutrophil recruitment and function in health and inflammation.Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2013; 13: 159-175
- CSF cytokines/chemokines as biomarkers in neuroinflammatory CNS disorders: a systematic review.Cytokine. 2016; 77: 227-237
- Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio (NLR) and Monocyte-to-Lymphocyte Ratio (MLR) predict clinical outcome in patients with stage IIB cervical cancer.J. Oncol. 2021; (2021)2939162
- Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis: a review and neuropsychological case study.Clin. Neuropsychol. 2016; 30: 150-163
- Analysis of complement and plasma cells in the brain of patients with anti-NMDAR encephalitis.Neurology. 2011; 77: 589-593
- Neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio and platelet/lymphocyte ratio in mood disorders: a meta-analysis.Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol. Biol. Psychiatry. 2018; 84: 229-236
- The utility of peripheral blood leucocyte ratios as biomarkers in infectious diseases: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Infect. 2019; 78: 339-348
- Correlation coefficients: appropriate use and interpretation.Anesth. Analg. 2018; 126: 1763-1768
- Neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio in acute ischemic stroke: immunopathology, management, and prognosis.Acta. Neurol. Scand. 2021; 144: 486-499
- Peripheral blood monocyte to lymphocyte ratio for prediction of tuberculous pleuritis.Int. J. Infect. Dis. 2021; 112: 212-216
- Involvement of platelets in tumor cell metastasis.Pharmacol. Ther. 2016; 157: 112-119
- Treatment and prognostic factors for long-term outcome in patients with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis: an observational cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12: 157-165
- How should we define a 'good' outcome from encephalitis? A systematic review of the range of outcome measures used in the long-term follow-up of patients with encephalitis.Clin. Med. 2022; 22: 145-148
- Autoimmune encephalitis mediated by B-cell response against N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor.Brain. 2020; 143: 2957-2972
- Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio, platelet to lymphocyte ratio, and other hematological parameters in psoriasis patients.BMC Immunol. 2021; 22: 64
- Adaptive immunity is the key to the understanding of autoimmune and paraneoplastic inflammatory central nervous system disorders.Front. Immunol. 2017; 8: 336
- Anti-NMDAR encephalitis: a single-center, longitudinal study in China.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2020; 7: e633
- The role of platelets in the tumor microenvironment: from solid tumors to leukemia.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2016; 1863: 392-400
- Prediction of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in the diagnosis and progression of autoimmune encephalitis.Neurosci. Lett. 2019; 694: 129-135