- •Two newer MS therapies were compared using simulated treatment comparisons.
- •ASCLEPIOS I/II patient-level data were used to adjust for cross-trial differences.
- •Ofatumumab significantly lowered the annualized relapse rate versus ocrelizumab.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Balance diagnostics for comparing the distribution of baseline covariates between treatment groups in propensity-score matched samples.Stat. Med. 2009; 28: 3083-3107
- Comparative effectiveness of nivolumab versus clinical practice for advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancer.J. Comp. Eff. Res. 2019; 9: 103-114
European Medicines Agency, 2015. Clinical investigation of medicinal products for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/clinical-investigation-medicinal-products-treatment-multiple-sclerosis. (Accessed 26 May 2021).
Genentech, I., 2017. Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) highlights of prescribing information. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/761053lbl.pdf. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
- A systematic review and mixed treatment comparison of pharmaceutical interventions for multiple sclerosis.Neurol. Ther. 2020; 9: 359-374
- Ofatumumab versus teriflunomide in multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2020; 383: 546-557
- Ofatumumab versus teriflunomide in relapsing multiple sclerosis: analysis of no evidence of disease activity (NEDA-3) from the ASCLEPIOS I and II trials.Int. J. MS Care. 2020; 22: 85-86
- Ocrelizumab versus interferon beta-1a in relapsing multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 376: 221-234
- No evidence of disease activity (NEDA) analysis by epochs in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis treated with ocrelizumab vs interferon beta-1a.Mult. Scler. J. Exp. Transl. Clin. 2018; 42055217318760642
Hoffmann-La Roche Limited, 2021. Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) product monograph. https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00060596.PDF. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
- Disease modifying therapies in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Autoimmun. Rev. 2021; 20102826
- Defining the clinical course of multiple sclerosis: the 2013 revisions.Neurology. 2014; 83: 278-286
- Systematic review and network meta-analysis comparing ocrelizumab with other treatments for relapsing multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2019; 29: 55-61
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, 2020. Multiple sclerosis: hope through research. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Hope-Through-Research/Multiple-Sclerosis-Hope-Through-Research. (Accessed 26 May 2021).
- No evidence of disease activity: indirect comparisons of oral therapies for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Adv. Ther. 2014; 31: 1134-1154
Novartis Ireland Limited, 2021. Kesimpta (ofatumumab) summary of product characteristics. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/kesimpta-epar-product-information_en.pdf. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
Novartis Pharmaceuticals, 2020. Kesimpta (ofatumumab) highlights of prescribing information. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/125326s070lbl.pdf. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Australia Pty Limited, 2021. Kesimpta (ofatumumab) Australian product information. https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/ebs/picmi/picmirepository.nsf/pdf?OpenAgent&id=CP-2021-PI-01279-1&d=202106301016933. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., 2021. Kesimpta (ofatumumab) product monograph. https://pdf.hres.ca/dpd_pm/00059817.PDF. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
- Cost-effectiveness of pembrolizumab for patients with advanced, unresectable, or metastatic urothelial cancer ineligible for cisplatin-based therapy.Eur. Urol. Oncol. 2019; 2: 565-571
Phillippo, D., Ades, T., Dias, S., Palmer, S., Abrams, K.R., Welton, N., 2016. NICE DSU technical support document 18: methods for population-adjusted indirect comparisons in submission to NICE. Available from http://www.nicedsu.org.uk.
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2019
Roche Products Pty Limited, 2021. Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) Australian product information. https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/ebs/picmi/picmirepository.nsf/pdf?OpenAgent&id=CP-2017-PI-02089-1. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
Roche Registration GmbH, 2021. Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) summary of product characteristics. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/ocrevus-epar-product-information_en.pdf. (Accessed 30 Jun 2021).
- Comparison of ofatumumab and other disease-modifying therapies for relapsing multiple sclerosis: a network meta-analysis.J. Comp. Eff. Res. 2020; 9: 1255-1274
- Systematic literature review and network meta-analysis of cladribine tablets versus alternative disease-modifying treatments for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2018; 34: 1361-1371
- Comparative effectiveness of glasdegib versus venetoclax combined with low-dose cytarabine in acute myeloid leukemia.J. Comp. Eff. Res. 2021; 10: 603-612
- Comparative effectiveness of remestemcel-l-rknd versus ruxolitinib in pediatric patients with steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease using simulated treatment comparisons.J. Health Econ. Outcomes Res. 2021; 8: 10-17