- •YouTube is an important educational and information tool.
- •YouTube videos have the potential to influence a patient's decision-making related to her/his disease.
- •YouTube videos do not provide reliable and high-quality information related to MS for patients.
- •Patients should always verify information obtained from the Internet with information sources that are more reliable.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- European citizens’ use of e-health services: a study of seven countries.BMC Public Health. 2007; 7: 53
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Microsoft, National Multiple Sclerosis Society. New survey finds technology plays a critical role in the lives of people with multiple sclerosis yet many are not using it to overcome disease-related challenges. http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/bayer/30325/. Accessed 30 July 2017.
- Web search behavior for multiple sclerosis: an infodemiological study.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2014; 3: 440-443
- Orthopaedic patient information on the World Wide Web: an essential review.J. Bone Jt. Surg. Am. 2016; 98: 325-338
- Multiple sclerosis coverage in the written media of a low prevalence country.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2020; 44102266
- Multiple sclerosis.Handb. Clin. Neurol. 2018; 148: 723-730
- Multiple sclerosis - a review.Eur. J. Neurol. 2019; 26: 27-40
- Infodemiology and infoveillance: framework for an emerging set of public health informatics methods to analyze search, communication and publication behavior on the Internet.J. Med. Internet Res. 2009; 11: 11
- Social media representation of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency intervention for multiple sclerosis.Int. J. MS Care. 2016; 18: 49-57
- Analysis of YouTube as a source of information for peripheral neuropathy.Muscle Nerve. 2016; 53: 27-31
- Medications for multiple sclerosis and risk of malignancy: what next?.Neurotherapeutics. 2021; 18: 1650-1653
iProspect Search Engine User Behaviour Study. 2006:17. Available at: www.iprospect.com. Accessed February 1, 2020.
DISCERNeThe DISCERN Instrument. Available at: http://www.discern.org.uk/discern_instrument.php. Accessed February 1, 2020.
- Perspectives from the patient and the healthcare professional in multiple sclerosis: social media and patient education.Neurol. Ther. 2018; 7: 23-36
- Perspectives from the patient and the Healthcare professional in multiple sclerosis: social media and patient education.Neurol. Ther. 2018; 7 (In this issue): 23-26https://doi.org/10.1007/s40120-017-0087-3
- A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research.J. Chiropr. Med. 2016; 15: 155-163
- YouTube as a source of information for arteriovenous malformations: a content-quality and optimization analysis.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2021; 207106723
- Preferred sources of health information in persons with multiple sclerosis: degree of trust and information sought.J. Med. Internet Res. 2013; 15 (17): e67
- The perfect crime? CCSVI not leaving a trace in MS.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2011; 82: 436-440
- People power“ or ”pester power"? YouTube as a forum for the generation of evidence and patient advocacy.Patient Educ. Couns. 2013; 93: 420-425
- Is YouTube a useful tool for oral care in patients with Parkinson's disease?.Spec. Care Dent. 2020; 40: 464-469
- YouTube for information on rheumatoid arthritis—a wakeup call?.J. Rheumatol. 2012; 39: 899-903
- YouTube as a source of patient information for stroke: a content-quality and an audience engagement analysis.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2020; 29105065
- YouTube as a source of patient information for hydrocephalus: a content-quality and optimization analysis.World Neurosurg. 2020; 138: 469-477
- No association of abnormal cranial venous drainage with multiple sclerosis: a magnetic resonance venography and flow-quantification study.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2011; 82: 429-435
YouTube.com, (2020), Competitive analysis, marketing mix and traffic - Alexa. https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/youtube.com. accessed February 13, 2020.
- Improving quality of life in multiple sclerosis: an unmet need.Am. J. Manag. Care. 2011; 17: 139-145