- •Agreement between MRI reports and secondary review ranged 68%–100% for MS outcomes.
- •Kappa values for MS outcomes ranged from 0.42 (“moderate”) to 1.00 (“excellent”).
- •Agreement was higher when MRI outcomes were present.
- •Kappa for fulfilling McDonald criteria was 0.60 (95% CI=0.36–0.84) at baseline.
- •Kappa for a new lesion on follow-up MRI was 0.41 (95% CI=0.11–0.70).
Abbreviations:ICD-10 (International classification of diseases version 10), MS (Multiple sclerosis)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Recommended diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines from the International Panel on the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2001; 50 (Jul): 121-127
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2005 revisions to the “McDonald Criteria”.Ann. Neurol. 2005; 58 (Dec): 840-846
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 Revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69 (Feb 1): 292-302
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17 (Feb): 162-173
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: progress and challenges.Lancet Lond. Engl. 2017; 389 (0110076): 1336-1346
- Real-world validation of the 2017 McDonald criteria for pediatric MS.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflammation. 2019; 6 (Mar): e528
- Improved performance of the 2017 McDonald criteria for diagnosis of multiple sclerosis in children in a real-life cohort.Mult. Scler. Houndmills Basingstoke Engl. 2020; 26 (“Kling”) (Oct): 1372-1380
- The Danish Civil Registration System.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39 (Jul7 Suppl): 22-25
- The Danish Civil Registration System as a tool in epidemiology.Eur. J. Epidemiol. 2014; 29 (Aug): 541-549
- The Danish National Patient Register.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39 (Jul7 Suppl): 30-33
- Pediatric acquired demyelinating syndromes: a nationwide validation study of the Danish National Patient Register.Clin. Epidemiol. 2018; 2018: 391-399
- International Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Study Group criteria for pediatric multiple sclerosis and immune-mediated central nervous system demyelinating disorders: revisions to the 2007 definitions.Mult. Scler. 2013; 19 (Sep): 1261-1267
- Magnetic resonance imaging at baseline and follow-up to differentiate between pediatric monophasic acquired CNS demyelination and MS.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2020; 46 (Nov 1)102590
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33 (Mar): 159-174
- Do MRI structured reports for multiple sclerosis contain adequate information for clinical decision making?.AJR Am. J. Roentgenol. 2018; 210 (Jan): 24-29
- Structured reporting in multiple sclerosis reduces interpretation time.Acad. Radiol. 2020; (Aug 28)
- Effect of template reporting of brain MRIs for multiple sclerosis on report thoroughness and neurologist-rated quality: results of a prospective quality improvement Project.J. Am. Coll. Radiol. JACR. 2017; 14 (Mare1): 371-379
- Evidence-based guidelines: MAGNIMS consensus guidelines on the use of MRI in multiple sclerosis-clinical implementation in the diagnostic process.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2015; 11: 471-482
- MRI criteria for the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: MAGNIMS consensus guidelines.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15 (Mar): 292-303
- Guidelines from The Italian Neurological and Neuroradiological Societies for the use of magnetic resonance imaging in daily life clinical practice of multiple sclerosis patients.Neurol. Sci. Off. J. Ital. Neurol. Soc. Ital. Soc. Clin. Neurophysiol. 2013; 34 (Dec): 2085-2093
- Inclusion of optic nerve involvement in dissemination in space criteria for multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2018; 91 (Sep 18): e1130-e1134