Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Association of childhood adversity with differential susceptibility of transdiagnostic psychopathology to environmental stress in adulthood.JAMA Netw. Open. 2018; 1e185354
- Stress as a risk factor for multiple sclerosis onset or relapse: a systematic review.Neuroepidemiology. 2011; : 109-120
Centers for Disese Control and Prevention. Preventing adverse childhood experiences. https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/aces/fastfact.html. Published 2021. Updated December 31, 2019. Accessed 2020.
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults: the adverse childhood experiences (ACE) study.Am. J. Prev. Med. 1998; 14: 245-258
- Chronic inflammation in the etiology of disease across the life span.Nat. Med. 2019; 25: 1822-1832
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis is associated with childhood adversities.Front. Psychiatry. 2020; : 11
- The American Academy of Neurology Position Statement on Abuse and Violence. 78. American Academy of Neurology, 2012
- Adverse childhood experiences are linked to age of onset and reading recognition in multiple sclerosis.Front. Neurol. 2017; 8
- Assessing lifetime stress exposure using the stress and adversity inventory for adults (Adult STRAIN): an overview and initial validation.Psycosomatic Med. 2018; 80: 17-27
- Altered pressure pain thresholds and increased wind-up in adult patients with chronic back pain with a history of childhood maltreatment: a quantitative sensory testing study.Pain. 2016; 157: 1799-1809