- •First case of Susac´s Syndrome described in a female-male transgender.
- •Sex imbalance cannot be explained only by the influence of sex hormones.
- •Genetic configurations may explain the sex imbalance in autoimmune diseases.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Susac´s syndrome during pregnancy – the first Croatian case.J. Neurol. Sci. 2014; 341: 162-164
- Characteristics of Susac syndrome: a review of all reported cases.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2013; 9: 307-316
- A gender gap in primary and secondary heart dysfunctions in systemic sclerosis: a EUSTAR prospective study.Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2010; 0: 1-7
- The corpus callosum in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and other CNS demyelinating and inflammatory diseases.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 1374-1382
- (Patho)physiology of cross-sex hormone administration to transsexual people: the potential impact of male-female genetic differences.Andrologia. 2015; 47: 5-19
- Sex hormones and autoimmunity.Immunol. Lett. 2010; 133: 6-13
- CD8+ T cell-mediated endotheliopathy is a targetable mechanism of neuro-inflammation in Susac syndrome.Nat. Commun. 2019; 10: 5779
- Brain histopathology in three cases of Susac´s syndrome: implications for lesion pathogenesis and treatment.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 582-584
- Anti-endothelial serum antibodies in a patient with Susac´s syndrome.J. Neurol. Sci. 2009; 285: 256-261
- Clinical, paraclinical and serological findings in Susac syndrome: an international multicenter study.J. Neuroinflamm. 2014; 11: 46
- Susac syndrome and pregnancy: a relationship to clarify. About two cases and review of the literature.J. Matern.-Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 14: 1-6
- Treatment of Susac´s syndrome.J. Neurol. Sci. 2007; 257: 215-220
- Susac's Syndrome–update.J. Neurol. Sci. 2010; 299: 86-91
- Susac's syndrome: the triad of microangiopathy of the brain and retina with hearing loss in young women.Neurology. 1994; 44: 591-593
The paper was presented as an ePoster at the 6th EAN Congress – Virtual Congress online from 23-26 May 2020.