- •Highly sensitive CXCL13 assay (Simoa) has higher accuracy than conventional ELISA.
- •Simoa assay facilitates early diagnosis of optic neuritis.
- •Intrathecal CXCL13 predicts development of MS in patients with acute optic neuritis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- CXCL13 is a Biomarker of Inflammation in Multiple sclerosis, Neuromyelitis optica, and Other Neurological Conditions. 19. Multiple sclerosis, Houndmills, Basingstoke, England2013: 1204-1208
- Predicting optimal response to B-cell depletion with rituximab in multiple sclerosis using CXCL13 index, magnetic resonance imaging and clinical measures.Mult. Scler. J. Exp. Transl. Clin. 2015; 12055217315623800
- Multiple Sclerosis: mechanisms and immunotherapy.Neuron. 2018; 97: 742-768
- Cerebrospinal Fluid and Blood Cytokines as Biomarkers for Multiple Sclerosis: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of 226 Studies With 13,526 Multiple Sclerosis Patients.Front. Neurosci. 2019; 13: 1026
- The chemokine CXCL13 is a prognostic marker in clinically isolated syndrome (CIS).PLoS ONE. 2010; 5: e11986
- Type I interferon induces CXCL13 to support ectopic germinal center formation.J. Exp. Med. 2019; 216: 621-637
- Feasibility of the use of combinatorial chemokine arrays to study blood and CSF in multiple sclerosis.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e81007
- Serum levels of CXCL13 are elevated in active multiple sclerosis.Multip. Sclero. J. 2009; 15: 1271-1279
- CXCL13 and neopterin concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Lyme neuroborreliosis and other diseases that cause neuroinflammation.J. Neuroinflamm. 2014; 11: 103
- Regulated Production of CXCL13 within the Central Nervous System.J. Clin. Cell Immunol. 2016; 7
- CXCL10 and CXCL13 chemokines in patients with relapsing remitting and primary progressive multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2017; 380: 22-26
- Cerebrospinal Fluid CXCL13 in Multiple sclerosis: a Suggestive Prognostic Marker For the Disease Course. 17. Multiple sclerosis, Houndmills, Basingstoke, England2011: 335-343
- Chemokines in multiple sclerosis: CXCL12 and CXCL13 up-regulation is differentially linked to CNS immune cell recruitment.Brain. 2006; 129: 200-211
- Reassessing B cell contributions in multiple sclerosis.Nat. Immunol. 2018; 19: 696-707
- Utility of chemokines CCL2, CXCL8, 10 and 13 and interleukin 6 in the pediatric cohort for the recognition of neuroinflammation and in the context of traditional cerebrospinal fluid neuroinflammatory biomarkers.PLoS ONE. 2019; 14e0219987
- Inflammatory intrathecal profiles and cortical damage in multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2018; 83: 739-755
- CXCL13 concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Lyme neuroborreliosis and other neurological disorders determined by Luminex and ELISA.Ticks Tick. Borne Dis. 2018; 9: 1137-1142
- Timing of high-efficacy therapy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a systematic review.Autoimmun. Rev. 2017; 16: 658-665
- Relationship between cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers for inflammation, demyelination and neurodegeneration in acute optic neuritis.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e77163
Modvig, S., Degn, M., Roed, H., Sorensen, T.L., Larsson, H.B., Langkilde, A.R., Frederiksen, J.L., Sellebjerg, F., 2015. Cerebrospinal fluid levels of chitinase 3-like 1 and neurofilament light chain predict multiple sclerosis development and disability after optic neuritis. Multiple sclerosis (Houndmills, Basingstoke, England) 21(14), 1761–1770.
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers as a measure of disease activity and treatment efficacy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.J. Neurochem. 2017; 141: 296-304
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers for predicting development of multiple sclerosis in acute optic neuritis: a population-based prospective cohort study.J. Neuroinflamm. 2019; 16: 59
- Changes in B- and T-lymphocyte and chemokine levels with rituximab treatment in multiple sclerosis.Arch. Neurol. 2010; 67: 707-714
- Chemokine CXCL13 in serum, CSF and blood-CSF barrier function: evidence of compartment restriction.Fluids Barriers CNS. 2020; 17: 7
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Cerebrospinal fluid analysis: disease-related data patterns and evaluation programs.J. Neurol. Sci. 2001; 184: 101-122
- Cerebrospinal fluid CXCL13 as a diagnostic marker of neuroborreliosis in children: a retrospective case-control study.J. Neuroinflamm. 2017; 14: 173
- CXCL13 plus interleukin 10 is highly specific for the diagnosis of CNS lymphoma.Blood. 2013; 121: 4740-4748
- [CXCL13: a biomarker for acute Lyme neuroborreliosis: investigation of the predictive value in the clinical routine].Nervenarzt. 2014; 85: 459-464
- A Population-Based Prospective Study of Optic Neuritis. 23. Multiple sclerosis, Houndmills, Basingstoke, England2017: 1893-1901
- B cells in multiple sclerosis.Curr Opin Neurol. 2018; 31: 256-262
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173