- •Ocrelizumab phase II trial extension data has 18-month post-drug follow-up.
- •Annualized relapse rate seems to remain low during the drug-free follow-up.
- •Infections and adverse events seem to be reduced during drug-free follow-up.
- •Extended interval dosing may be possible that maintains efficacy and allows for more successful vaccination to new infections.
- •Extended interval dosing may afford a drug-free pregnancy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Safety and tolerability of inebilizumab (MEDI-551), an anti-CD19 monoclonal antibody, in patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis: results from a phase 1 randomised, placebo-controlled, escalating intravenous and subcutaneous dose study.Mult. Scler. 2019; 25: 235-245
- Memory B cells are major targets for effective immunotherapy in relapsing multiple sclerosis.EBioMedicine. 2017; 16: 41-50
- Interpreting lymphocyte reconstitution data from the pivotal phase 3 trials of Alemtuzumab.JAMA Neurol. 2017; 74: 961-969
- Learning from other autoimmunities to understand targeting of B cells to control multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2018; 141: 2834-2847
- Rituximab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a 72-week, open-label, phase I trial.Ann. Neurol. 2008; 63: 395-400
- Onset of clinical and MRI efficacy of ocrelizumab in relapsing multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2019; 93: e1778-e1786
- Experience with long-term rituximab use in a multiple sclerosis clinic.Mult scler J Exp Transl Clin. 2016; 2055217316672100
- Cladribine treatment of multiple sclerosis is associated with depletion of memory B cells.J Neurol. 2018; 265: 1199-1209
- Serum immunoglobulin levels and risk of serious infections in the pivotal Phase III trials of ocrelizumab in multiple sclerosis and their open-label extensions.Mult. Scler. 2019; 25 (65): 20-21
- Alemtuzumab depletion failure can occur in multiple sclerosis.Immunology. 2018; 154: 253-260
- Safety with ocrelizumab in rheumatoid arthritis: results from the ocrelizumab phase III program.PLoS ONE. 2014; 9: e87379
- Effects of ocrelizumab treatment in peripheral blood leukocyte subsets of primary progressive multiple sclerosis patients P686.Mult. Scler. 2019; 25 (S2): 341-342
- Ocrelizumab, a humanised anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody, in the treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a phase I/II randomised, blinded, placebo-controlled, dose ranging study.Arth. Rheumatol. 2008; 58: 2652-2661
- Safety and efficacy of cladribine tablets in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: results from the randomized extension trial of the CLARITY study.Mult. Scler. 2018; 24: 1594-1604
- Disease-modifying treatments for early and advanced multiple sclerosis: a new treatment paradigm.Curr. Opin. Neurol. 2018; 31: 233-243
- Week 144 results of a phase II, randomised, multicentre trial assessing the safety and efficacy of ocrelizumab in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).Neurol. 2013; 80 (S31.004)
- Ocrelizumab versus interferon beta-1a in relapsing multiple sclerosis.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 221-234
- Long-term reduction of relapse rate and confirmed disability progression after 5 years of ocrelizumab treatment in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis P590.Mult. Scler. 2018; 24: 285-286
- Alemtuzumab CARE-MS I 5-year follow-up: durable efficacy in the absence of continuous MS therapy.Neurology. 2017; 89: 1107-1116
- The human fetus and newborn: development of the immune response.Birth Defects Orig Artic Ser. 1983; 19: 289-294
- Rituximab vs placebo induction prior to glatiramer acetate monotherapy in multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2019; 20: e133-e136
- Interrupting rituximab treatment in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis; no evidence of rebound disease activity.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2020; 101468
- Ocrelizumab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a phase 2, randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 1779-1787
- Long-term safety and efficacy of ocrelizumab in patients with relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis: week 144 results of a Phase II, randomised, multicentre trial.Mult. Scler. J. 2012; 18: 140-141
- Less frequent rituximab retreatment maintains remission of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder, following long-term rituximab treatment.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2018; (pii: jnnp-2018-318465)
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and exposure-response analyses of ocrelizumab in patients with multiple sclerosis.Neurol. 2019; 92: N4
- Rituximab administration in third trimester of pregnancy suppresses neonatal B-cell development.Clin. Dev. Immunol. 2008; 2008271363
- B cell depletion with ublituximab reshapes the T cell profile in multiple sclerosis patients.J. Neuroimmunol. 2019; 332: 187-197
- Ocrelizumab infusion experience in patients with relapsing and primary progressive multiple sclerosis: results from the phase 3 randomized OPERA I, OPERA II, and ORATORIO studies.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2019; 30: 236-243
- Fulminant hepatitis associated with echovirus 25 during treatment with ocrelizumab for multiple sclerosis.JAMA Neurol. 2019; 76: 866-867
- Tailoring B-cells depleting therapy in MS according to memory B-cells monitoring: a pilot study.Mult. Scler. 2019; 25 (P971): 509-510
Ocrevus European public assessment report. 7/01/2019 update. Summary of product characteristics. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/ocrevus-epar-product-information_en.pdf. Accessed 5 January 2020.
Ocrevus United States. New Drug Application. March 2017. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2017/761053Orig1s000Lbl.pdf. Accessed 5 January 2020.
Ocrevus United States label. 2017. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label//761053lbl.pdf Accessed 5 January 2020.
- Rituximab efficiently depletes increased CD20-expressing T cells in multiple sclerosis patients.J. Immunol. 2014; 193: 580-586
- Changes in B- and T-lymphocyte and chemokine levels with rituximab treatment in multiple sclerosis.Arch. Neurol. 2010; 67: 707-714
- Features of Human CD3+CD20+ T Cells.J. Immunol. 2016; 197: 1111-1117
- Effect of ocrelizumab on vaccine responses in patients with multiple sclerosis (S36.002).Neurology. 2018; 90: S36
- Treatment of multiple sclerosis with the monoclonal anti-CD4 antibody cM-T412: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled.MR-monitored phase II trial. Neurology. 1997; 49: 351-357
- T-cell population changes and serious infection rates in the controlled periods of the pivotal phase III trials of ocrelizumab in multiple sclerosis P668.Mult. Scler. 2017; 23: 318-319
- Onset of secondary progressive MS after long-term rituximab therapy - a case report.Ann. Clin. Transl. Neurol. 2016; 4: 46-52
- WA21493-Phase II, multicenter, randomized parallel-group, partially blinded, placebo.Avonex® controlled dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy as measured by brain MRI lesions and safety of 2 dose regimens of ocrelizumab in patients with RRMS. 2016; (Report No. 1062910. March 2016)
- Extended interval dosing of natalizumab in multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2016; 87: 885-889
- Disease-modifying therapies for relapsing-remitting and primary progressive multiple sclerosis: a cost-utility analysis.CNS Drugs. 2018; 32: 1145-1157