- •AOMS and POMS exhibit Cognitive Impairment dissociated from physical disability.
- •Cognitive Reserve has a protective role on CI in MS.
- •POMS experience a drop off in educational level based on parental education.
- •Relationships exist between cognition, socioeconomic, professional attainment in MS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Cognitive and Psychosocial Features in Childhood and Juvenile MS: Two-Year Follow-Up.Neurology. 2010; 75: 1134-1140
- Neuropsychological Features in Childhood and Juvenile Multiple Sclerosis: Five-Year Follow Up.Neurology. 2014; 83: 1432-1438
- “Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis: Cognition and Mood.Neurology. 2016; 87: S82-S87
- The Rao's Brief Repeatable Battery and Stroop Test: Normative Values with Age, Education and Gender Corrections in an Italian Population.Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2006; 12: 787-793
- Cognitive Reserve and Cortical Atrophy in Multiple Sclerosis: A Longitudinal Study.Neurology. 2013; 80: 1728-1733
American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders 5th ed2013.
- The Barratt Simplified Measure of Social Status (BSMSS).Indiana State University. 2006;
- Cognitive and Patient-Reported Outcomes in Adults with Pediatric-Onset Multiple Sclerosis.Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2016; 22: 354-361
- and Langdon D “Cognitive Impairment among Patients with Multiple Sclerosis: Associations with Employment and Quality of Life.Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2017; 93: 143-147
- “How does cognition relate to employment in multiple sclerosis? A systematic review.Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2018; 26 (Nov): 183-191
- Stima Del Quoziente Intellettivo Tramite l'applicazione Del TIB (Test Breve Di Intelligenza).Giornale Italiano Di Psicologia. 2002;
- "Dynamic graymatter volume changes in pediatric multiple sclerosis.A 3.5 MRI study" Neurology. 2019; 92: e1-e15
- Performance in Daily Activities, Cognitive Impairment and Perception in Multiple Sclerosis Patients and Their Caregivers.BMC Neurology. 2018; 18: 212
- Multiple Sclerosis.Nature Reviews Disease Primers. 2018; 4: 1-27
- Age of Onset as a Moderator of Cognitive Decline in Pediatric-Onset Multiple Sclerosis.Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society. 2014; 20: 796-804
Istituto nazionale di statistica - ISTAT. 2013. LA CLASSIFICAZIONE DELLE PROFESSIONI. I. Rome. https://www.istat.it/it/files/2013/07/la_classificazione_delle_professioni.pdf.
Istituto nazionale di statistica-ISTAT. 2018. Report-Livelli-di-istruzione-e-ritorni occupazio nali_2018_ https://www.istat.it/it/files/2019/07/Report-Livelli-di-istruzione-e-ritorni-occupazionali_2018.pdf.
- The Fatigue Severity Scale: Application to Patients with Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.Archives of Neurology. 1989; 46: 1121-1123
- Association between miRNAs expression and cognitive perfomances of Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis patients: A pilot study.Brain Behav. 2019 Feb; 9: e01199
- Health-Related Quality of Life in Children with Inflammatory Brain Disease.Pediatric Rheumatology. 2018; 16: 73
Marks Isaac M. “Behavioural Psychotherapy: Maudsley Pocket Book of Clinical Management.” Behavioural Psychotherapy: Maudsley Pocket Book of Clinical Management. 1986.
- Long-term Cognitive Outcomes in Patients With Pediatric-Onset vs Adult-Onset Multiple Sclerosis.JAMA Neurol. 2019; 76: 1028-1034
- A New Depression Scale Designed to Be Sensitive to Change.British Journal of Psychiatry. 1979; 134: 382-389
- Health-Related Quality of Life Is Reduced in Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis.Pediatric Neurology. 2010; 43: 97-102
- The Cognitive Reserve Theory in the Setting of Pediatric-Onset Multiple Sclerosis.Multiple Sclerosis. 2016; 22: 1741-1749
- Clinical and Imaging Assessment of Cognitive Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis.Lancet Neurol. 2015; 14: 302-317
- Patients with Paediatric-Onset Multiple Sclerosis Are at Higher Risk of Cognitive Impairment in Adulthood: An Italian Collaborative Study.Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2018; 24: 1234-1242
- Age and Disability Drive Cognitive Impairment in Multiple Sclerosis across Disease Subtypes.Mult. Scler. 2017; 23: 1258-1267
- Cognitive Reserve in Ageing and Alzheimer's Disease.The Lancet Neurology. 2012; 11: 1006-1012
- Cognitive Reserve as a Useful Concept for Early Intervention Research in Multiple Sclerosis.Frontiers in Neurology. 2015; : 176
- Cognition in Multiple Sclerosis: State of the Field and Priorities for the Future.Neurology. 2018; 90: 278-288
- Intellectual Enrichment Is Linked to Cerebral Efficiency in Multiple Sclerosis: Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evidence for Cognitive Reserve.Brain. 2010; 133: 362-374
- Premorbid Cognitive Leisure Independently Contributes to Cognitive Reserve in Multiple Sclerosis.Neurology. 2010; 75: 1428-1431
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018 Feb; 17: 162-173
- Changes in Cognitive Performance over a 1-Year Period in Children and Adolescents with Multiple Sclerosis.Neuropsychology. 2013; 27: 210-219
- The Italian Multiple Sclerosis Register.Neurological Sciences. 2019; 40: 155-165