- •The present study investigates psychological aspects of patients with NMOSD compared to healthy individuals.
- •Patients with NMOSD significantly suffered from psychological disorders compared to healthy controls.
- •These disorders should be thoroughly examined to offer more effective therapies in this regard.
Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
He, D., et al., Cognitive function, depression, fatigue, and activities of daily living in patients with neuromyelitis optica after acute relapse. 2011a. 121(12): p. 677–683.
- Cognitive impairment and whole brain diffusion in patients with neuromyelitis optica after acute relapse.Brain Cogn. 2011; 77: 80-88
- MRI characteristics of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: an international update.Neurology. 2015; 84: 1165-1173
- International consensus diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Neurology. 2015; 85: 177-189
- Cognitive performance of neuromyelitis optica patients: comparison with multiple sclerosis.Arquivos Neuro Psiquiatr. 2013; 71: 357-361
- Epidemiology of neuromyelitis optica in the United States: a multicenter analysis.Arch.Neurol. 2012; 69: 1176-1180
- Cognitive and psychiatric comorbidities in neuromyelitis optica.J Neurol Sci. 2016; 360: 4-9
- Cognitive impairment in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders: a review of clinical and neuroradiological features.Front. Neurol. 2019; 10: 608
- Cognitive functions in Egyptian neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2019 Nov 25; 189105621
- Comparison of psychiatric disturbances in patients with multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019 Sep; 98: e17184
- Insufficient treatment of severe depression in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm. 2016; 3: e286
- Screening for cognitive impairment among patients with neuromyelitis optica using touchscreen cognitive testing in routine clinical care.J. Neurol. 2019 Oct; 266: 2571-2572
Jean V.M., Paul R.H., Beatty W.J., Psychological and neuropsychological predictors of coping patterns by patients with multiple sclerosis. 1999. 55(1):21–26.
- Psychological assessment via the internet: a reliability and validity study of online (vs paper-and-pencil) versions of the General Health Questionnaire-28 (GHQ-28) and the Symptoms Check-List-90-Revised (SCL-90-R).J. Med. Internet Res. 2007; 9 (e2): 1
- Depressive Syndromes in Autoimmune Disorders of the Nervous System: prevalence, Etiology, and Influence.Front Psychiatry. 2018 Sep 25; 9: 451
- Hypoxemia, sleep disturbances, and depression correlated with fatigue in neuromyelitis opticaspectrum disorder.CNS Neurosci. Ther. 2015; 21: 599-606A
- Depressive state and chronic fatigue in multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitis optica.J Neuroimmunol. 2015; 283: 70-73
- Factors that impact health-related quality of life in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: anxiety, disability, fatigue and depression.J Neuroimmunol. 2016; 293: 54-58