- •Added-on PLEX in steroid non-responder is commonly conducted for NMOSD attack.
- •A prospective study between IVMP added-on PLEX and simultaneous IVMP+PLEX was done.
- •Both methods, preferable simultaneous therapy, showed benefit in acute NMOSD attack.
- •Simultaneous IVMP+ PLEX therapy should be inspired in acute severe attack of NMOSD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Plasma exchange in severe spinal attacks associated with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Mult. Scler. 2009; 15: 487-492
- Plasma exchange in severe attacks associated with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.Mult. Scler. Int. 2012; 2012 (Published online 2012 Feb 12)787630
- The anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effects of glucocorticoids, recent developments and mechanistic insights.Mol. Cell Endocrinol. 2011; 335 (Mar 15): 2-13
- Plasma exchange response in 34 patients with severe optic neuritis.J. Neurol. 2016; 263: 883-887
- Attack-related severity: a key factor in understanding the spectrum of idiopathic inflammatory demyelinating disorders.J. Neurol. Sci. 2004; 225: 71
- Drug removal by plasmapheresis: an evidence-based review.Pharmacotherapy. 2007; 27: 1529-1549
- Plasma exchange for severe attacks of CNS demyelination: predictors of response.Neurology. 2002; 58: 143-146
- Clinical efficacy of plasmapheresis in patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder and effects on circulating anti-aquaporin-4 antibody levels.J Clin Neurol. 2013; 9 (Jan): 36-42
- Efficacy of methylprednisolone pulse therapy for acute relapse in Japanese patients with multiple sclerosis and neuromyelitisoptica: a multicenter retrospective analysis -1. Whole group analysis.Clin. Exp. Neuroimmunol. 2013; 4: 305-317
Ingo Kleiter, Anna Gahlen, Nadja Borisow, Katrin Fischer, Klaus-Dieter Wernecke, Kerstin Hellwig and et al. Neurol neuroimmunol neuroinflamm. 2018Nov; 5(6): e504. Published online 2018 Sep 26.
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983; 33 (Nov): 1444-1452
- Resolving the clinical acuity categories "hand motion" and "counting fingers" using the freiburg visual acuity test (FrACT).Graefes Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol. 2009; 247: 137-142
- A serum autoantibody marker of neuromyelitis optica: distinction from multiple sclerosis.Lancet. 2004; 364: 2106-2112
Medical Research Council. Aids to the examination of the peripheral nervous system, Memorandum no. 45, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1981.
- Treatment of optic neuritis by plasma exchange (add-on) in neuromyelitis optica.Arch. Ophthalmol. 2012; 130: 858-862
Modified Rankin Scale for Neurolgical Disability. https://www.mdcalc.com/modified-rankin-scale-neurologic-disability, 2002.
- Therapeutic plasma exchange: complications and management.Am. J. Kidney Diseases. 1994; 23 (pp.): 817-827
- Neuromyelitis optica and the evolving spectrum of autoimmune aquaporin-4 channelopathies: a decade later.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2015; 1366: 20-39
- Treatment of steroid-unresponsive optic neuritis with plasma exchange.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2012; 126: 103-108
- Guidelines on the use of therapeutic apheresis in clinical practice-evidence-based approach from the writing committee of the american society for apheresis: the seventh special issue.J. Clin. Apher. 2016; 31: 149-338
- Complications of therapeutic plasma exchange: a prospective study of 1,727 procedures.J. Clin. Apher. 2007; 22: 270-276
Snellen and LogMAR acuity testing. https://www.rcophth.ac.uk/patients/snellen-and-logmar-acuity-testing/, 1862.
Srisupa-Olan T., Siritho S., Kittisares K., Jitprapaikulsan J., Sathukitchai C., Prayoonwiwat N. Beneficial effect of plasma exchange in acute attack of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders. Multiple Sclerosis Relat. Disord., 20, 2018115–121.
- International consensus diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Neurology. 2015; 85 (Jul 14): 177-189
- A secondary progressive clinical course is uncommon in neuromyelitis optica.Neurology. 2007; 68: 603-605
- Neuromyelitis optica.Curr. Treat Options Neurol. 2008; 10: 55-66