- •Illegal cannabis use is common among Danes with multiple sclerosis.
- •Cannabis was used within the past year (current user) by 21%.
- •21% of current users received prescribed cannabis-based medicine.
- •Current cannabis users reported high efficacy in relieving pain and spasticity.
- •Mild to moderate severity of adverse effects were reported by current users.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Cannabis sativa: the plant of the thousand and one molecules.Front. Plant Sci. 2016; 7: 1-17
- Cannabis use in persons with traumatic spinal cord injury in Denmark.J. Rehabil. Med. 2017; 49: 152-160
- A survey on the medical use of cannabis in Europe: a position paper.Eur. Addict. Res. 2018; 24: 201-205
- Cannabis use in patients with multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. J. 2006; 12: 646-651
- Patterns of cannabis use for multiple sclerosis.in: 2003 TIAFT Meet, Melbourne2003 (Aust. 2098–2100)
- Disease steps in multiple sclerosis: a simple approach to evaluate disease progression.Neurology. 1995;
- Cannabis use in people with Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis: a web-based investigation.Complement. Ther. Med. 2017; 33: 99-104
- Registers of multiple sclerosis in Denmark.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2015; 132: 4-10
- The fatigue severity scale: application to patients with multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus erythematosus.Arch. Neurol. 1989;
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983;
- Exploring cannabis use by patients with multiple sclerosis in a state where cannabis is legal.Neurology. 2018; 90: 383-390
- Validation of patient determined disease steps (PDDS) scale scores in persons with multiple sclerosis.BMC Neurol. 2013; : 13
- Medicinal cannabis in Australia, 2016: the cannabis as medicine survey (CAMS-16).Med. J. Aust. 2018; 209: 211-216
- Cannabis use in Spanish patients with multiple sclerosis: fulfilment of patients’ expectations?.J. Neurol. Sci. 2008; 273: 103-107
- Cannabis use as described by people with multiple sclerosis.Can. J. Neurol. Sci. 2003; 30: 201-205
- Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects.Br. J. Pharmacol. 2011; 163: 1344-1364
- A cross-sectional survey of medical cannabis users: patterns of use and perceived efficacy.Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016; 1: 131-138
The Danish Health and Medicine Authority - The drug situation in Denmark2018, https://www.sst.dk/da/udgivelser/2018/∼/media/C10D68C52DCE48ABA7E517D29FEE792A.ashx[WWW Document], n.d.
The Danish Health Authority - https://www.sst.dk/en/health-and-lifestyle/alcohol[WWW Document], n.d.
- Assessment of efficacy and tolerability of medicinal cannabinoids in patients with multiple sclerosis.JAMA Netw. Open. 2018; 1e183485
- Immune control by endocannabinoids - new mechanisms of neuroprotection?.J. Neuroimmunol. 2007; 184: 127-135
- The medicinal use of cannabis in the UK: results of a nationwide survey.Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2005; 59: 291-295