- •Relapses cause worsening of MS beyond the recovery phase.
- •Eliminating relapses would reduce worsening in MS and improve the prognosis.
- •In male patients the worsening after relapses was not measurable.
- •Relapses had no effect with EDSS ≥ 4.0.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Effect of relapses over early progression of disability in multiple sclerosis patients treated with beta-interferon.Mult. Scler. 2008; 14: 636-639
- Relapses do not matter in relation to long-term disability: yes.Mult. Scler. 2011; 17: 1412-1414
- Early clinical predictors and progression of irreversible disability in multiple sclerosis: an amnesic process.Brain. 2003; 126: 770-782
- Relapses and progression of disability in multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2000; 343: 1430-1438
- Relating relapse and T2 lesion changes to disability progression in multiple sclerosis: a systematic literature review and regression analysis.BMC Neurol. 2013; 13: 180
- Relapses in multiple sclerosis: relationship to disability.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2016; 6: 10-20
- Connecting white matter injury and thalamic atrophy in clinically isolated syndromes.J. Neurol. Sci. 2009; 282: 61-66
- Registers of multiple sclerosis in Denmark.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2015; 132: 4-10
- The Danish National Project of interferon-beta treatment in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. The Danish Multiple Sclerosis Group.Mult. Scler. 2000; 6: 172-175
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983; 33: 1444-1452
- Effect of relapses on development of residual deficit in multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2003; 61: 1528-1532
- Inflammatory cortical demyelination in early multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2188-2197
- Neurofilament protein in cerebrospinal fluid: a potential marker of activity in multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1998; 64: 402-404
- The Danish Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Register.Clin. Epidemiol. 2016; 8: 549-552
- Recommended diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines from the International Panel on the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2001; 50: 121-127
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2005 revisions to the "McDonald Criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2005; 58: 840-846
- New diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines for research protocols.Ann. Neurol. 1983; 13: 227-231
- Brain atrophy in radiologically isolated syndromes.J. Neuroimaging. 2015; 25: 68-71
- The natural history of multiple sclerosis: a geographically based study 10: relapses and long-term disability.Brain. 2010; 133: 1914-1929
- Impact of multiple sclerosis relapses on progression diminishes with time.Neurology. 2009; 73: 1616-1623
- Relapses and subsequent worsening of disability in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2006; 67: 804-808