- •Factors associated with higher quality of life in MS were.
- •University education, RRMS, shorter disease duration, less depression/psychological distress.
- •No significant effects for physical disability, cognitive impairment or fatigue.
- •Focusing treatment on mental comorbidity could increase quality of life in MS.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Are anxiety disorders undertreated in patients with multiple sclerosis?.Nat. Clin. Pract. Neurol. 2007; 3 (Epub 2007 Jun 5): 372-373https://doi.org/10.1038/ncpneuro0528
- Regensburger Wortflüssigkeitstest.Hogrefe, Göttingen2000
- An inventory for measuring depression.Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 1961; 4: 561-571
- Predicting quality of life in multiple sclerosis: accounting for physical disability, fatigue, cognition, mood disorder, personality, and behavior change.J. Neurol. Sci. 2005; 231 (Epub 5 Jan 26): 29-34https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2004.12.009
- Health-related quality of life and its relationship to cognitive and emotional functioning in multiple sclerosis patients.Eur. J. Neurol. 2002; 9: 497-502
- EuroQol: the current state of play.Health policy. 1996; 37: 53-72
- How does cognition relate to employment in multiple sclerosis? A systematic review.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018; 26: 183-191https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msard.2018.09.018
- EuroQol–a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life.Health Policy. 1990; 16: 199-208
- Is the association between health-related quality of life and fatigue mediated by depression in patients with multiple sclerosis? A Spanish cross-sectional study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8
- The association between cognitive impairment and quality of life in patients with early multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2010; 290 (Epub Nov 26): 75-79https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2009.11.004
- Quality of life in patients with multiple sclerosis: the impact of depression, fatigue, and disability.Int. J. Rehabil. Res. 2011; 34: 290-298https://doi.org/10.1097/MRR.0b013e32834ad479
- Paced Auditory Serial Addition Task (PASAT): Department of Psychology.University of Victoria, Kanada1997
- Costs and quality of life by disability among people with multiple sclerosis: a register-based study in Sweden.Mult. Scler. J. Exp. Transl. Clin. 2018; 4 (eCollection 2018 Jul-Sep)https://doi.org/10.1177/2055217318783352
- Perceptions on the value of bodily functions in multiple sclerosis.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2018; 137 (Epub 2017 Dec 3): 356-362https://doi.org/10.1111/ane.12881
- Verbaler Lern- und Merkfähigkeitstest: VLMT.Beltz Test, Göttingen, Germany2001
- Factors influencing quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients: disability, depressive mood, fatigue and sleep quality.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2004; 110 (0.1111/j.600-0404.2004.00257.x): 6-13
- The burden of mental comorbidity in multiple sclerosis: frequent, underdiagnosed, and undertreated.Mult. Scler. 2009; 15 (Epub 2009 Jan 19): 385-392https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458508099477
- Rey Complex Figure Test and Recognition Trial: Professional Manual.Psychological Assessment Resources, Odessa/FL1995
- Fatigue and depression predict quality of life in patients with early multiple sclerosis: a longitudinal study.Eur. J. Neurol. 2016; 23 (Epub 2016 Jul 14): 1482-1486https://doi.org/10.1111/ene.13102
- Factors associated with perceived need for mental health care in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018; 25: 179-185https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msard.2018.07.043
- Predictors of quality of life among patients with multiple sclerosis: an Italian cross-sectional study.J. Neurol. Sci. 2007; 252 (Epub Dec 22): 121-129https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2006.10.017
- The Fatigue Scale for Motor and Cognitive Functions (FSMC): validation of a new instrument to assess multiple sclerosis-related fatigue.Mult. Scler. 2009; 15: 1509-1517
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Affective disorders and Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) in adolescents and young adults with multiple sclerosis (MS): the moderating role of resilience.Qual. Life Res. 2017; 26 (Epub 2016 Dec 7): 727-736https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-016-1466-4
- Doctors and patients don't agree: cross sectional study of patients' and doctors' perceptions and assessments of disability in multiple sclerosis.BMJ. 1997; 314: 1580-1583
- The Hungarian validation of the Brief International Cognitive Assessment for Multiple Sclerosis (BICAMS) battery and the correlation of cognitive impairment with fatigue and quality of life.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2015; 4 (Epub Jul 8): 499-504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msard.2015.07.006
- Wortschatztest.Verlag, Hogrefe1992
- The symptom check-list-90-R (SCL-90-R): a German validation study.Qual. Life Res. 2000; 9: 185-193
- Cognitive reserve and patient-reported outcomes in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. 2013; 19 (Epub 2012 Apr 30): 87-105https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458512444914
- Symbol Digit Modalities Test.thirteenth ed. Hogrefe, Göttingen2013
- Cognition in multiple sclerosis: state of the field and priorities for the future.Neurology. 2018; 90 (Epub 2018 Jan 17): 278-288https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000004977
- Trail making Test A and B: normative data stratified by age and education.Arch. Clin. Neuropsychol. 2004; 19: 203-214
- Relative contribution of cognitive and physical disability components to quality of life in MS.J. Neurol. Sci. 2014; 336 (Epub Oct 19): 116-121https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2013.10.020
- Health-related quality of life in multiple sclerosis: role of cognitive appraisals of self, illness and treatment.Qual. Life Res. 2016; 25 (Epub 2015 Dec 16): 1761-1770https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-015-1204-3
- Predictors of quality of life among multiple sclerosis patients: a comprehensive analysis.Eur. J. Neurol. 2013; 20 (Epub 2013 Jan 8): 756-764https://doi.org/10.1111/ene.12046
- Motor assessment of upper extremity function and its relation with fatigue, cognitive function and quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients.J. Neurol. Sci. 2006; 246 (Epub May 5): 117-122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2006.02.018