- •Employed PwMS performed better on cognitive tests than unemployed PwMS.
- •Healthy controls outperformed employed PwMS on cognitive tests.
- •Deficits were often in information processing speed, immediate and delayed recall.
- •Some impairments were also found in executive function.
- Loneliness in Multiple Sclerosis.Rehabil. Nurs. 2018; : 1-8
- Demographic, Clinical, and Cognitive Characteristics of Multiple Sclerosis Patients Who Continue to Work.J. Neurol. Rehabil. 1995; 9: 167-173
- Benchmarks of meaningful impairment on the MSFC and BICAMS.Mult. Scler. J. 2016; : 1-9
- Factors Associated with Employment Status in Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis.Int. J. MS Care. 2015; 17: 284-291
- Cognitive impairment among patients with multiple sclerosis: associations with employment and quality of life.Postgrad. Med. J. 2016; 0: 1-5
- Information processing speed in multiple sclerosis: Past, present, and future.Mult. Scler. J. 2017; 23: 772-789
- Employment and multiple sclerosis: A meta-analytic review of psychological correlates.J. Health Psychol. 2017; : 1-14
- Examining the Link between Information Processing Speed and Executive Functioning in Multiple Sclerosis.Arch. Clin. Neuropsychol. 2009; 24: 47-58
- Information-processing speed is the primary deficit underlying the poor performance of multiple sclerosis patients in the Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test (PASAT).J. Clin. Exp. Neuropsychol. 2008; 30: 789-796
- Disclosure of disease status among employed multiple sclerosis patients: association with negative work events and accommodations.Mult. Scler. J. 2015; 21: 225-234
- Neurological, Physical and Sociodemographic Correlates of Employment in Multiple Sclerosis: A Meta-Analysis.J. Health Psychol. 2018; : 1-13
- Factors That Moderate Activity Limitation and Participation Restriction in People With Multiple Sclerosis.Am. J. Occup. Ther. 2015; 69: 1-9
- Predicting Employment Status in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: the Utility of the MS Functional Composite.J. Neurol. 2011; 258: 244-249
- Cognitive Function is a Major Determinant of Income Among Multiple Sclerosis Patients in Sweden Acting Independently from Physical Disability.Mult. Scler. J. 2017; : 1-9
- Earnings and financial compensation from social security systems correlate strongly with disability for multiple sclerosis patients.PLoS One. 2015; 10: 1-11
- New Insights into the Burden and Costs of Multiple Sclerosis in Europe.Mult. Scler. J. 2017; 23: 1-14
- Identifying Employed Multiple Sclerosis Patients at-risk for Job Loss: When do Negative Work Events Pose a Threat?.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2015; 4: 409-413
- Employment Status in Multiple Sclerosis: Impact of Disease-Specific and Non-Disease-Specific Factors.Mult. Scler. J. 2013; 19: 1792-1799
- Recommendations for a Brief International Cognitive Assessment for Multiple Sclerosis (BICAMS).Mult Scler. 2012 Jun; 18: 891-898https://doi.org/10.1177/1352458511431076
- Epidemiology of multiple sclerosis.Rev. Neurol. (Paris). 2016; 172: 3-13
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: Explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6
- PICO, PICOS and SPIDER: A comparison study of specificity and sensitivity in three search tools for qualitative systematic reviews.BMC Health Serv. Res. 2014; 14: 1-10
- Multitasking in Multiple Sclerosis: Can It Inform Vocational Functioning? Arch.Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2013; 94: 2509-2514
- Unemployment in Multiple Sclerosis: The Contribution of Personality and Disease.Mult. Scler. J. 2012; 18: 647-653
- A Process for Systematically Reviewing the Literature: Providing the Research Evidence for Public Health Nursing Interventions.Worldviews Evidence-Based Nurs. 2004; 1: 176-184
- Multiple sclerosis.Lancet. 2018; 6736: 1-15
- The relationship between self-reported executive performance and psychological characteristics in multiple sclerosis.Eur. J. Neurol. 2012; 19: 562-569
- Work Participation and Executive Abilities in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis.PLoS One. 2015; 10: 1-9
- BICAMS in the Argentine population: Relationship with clinical and sociodemographic variables.Appl. Neuropsychol. Adult. 2017; 0: 1-10
- Spatial Analysis of Global Prevalence of Multiple Sclerosis Suggests Need for an Updated Prevalence Scale.Mult. Scler. Int. 2014; 2014: 1-7
- Brief International Cognitive Assessment for Multiple Sclerosis (BICAMS): Canadian contribution to the international validation project.J. Neurol. Sci. 2016; 362: 147-152
Declarations of Interest: LC None. DL has participated in speaker bureau for Bayer, Merck, Almirall, Execemed, TEVA, Roche, Novartis, Biogen, Sanofi; has had consultancy from Novartis, Bayer, Merck, Biogen, TEVA, Sanofi; has had research grants from Bayer, Merck, Novartis, Biogen. All are paid into DL's institution. DL.
☆☆This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.