- •MOG and AQP4+ NMOSD can present clinical and radiological features similar to RRMS.
- •Brain and spinal cord MRI criteria may help separate these diseases with high sensitivity and positive predictive value.
- •Brain and spinal cord criteria were less sensitive separating MOG/AQP4+ NMOSD from CIS and POMS compared to RRMS.
- •In patients not fulfilling radiological criteria, antibody testing should be considered from the beginning to avoid diagnostic pitfalls and guide therapeutic efforts.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Clinical spectrum and prognostic value of CNS MOG autoimmunity in adults: the MOGADOR study.Neurology. 2018; 90: e1858-e1869
- Distributional patterns of multiple sclerosis brain lesions. Magnetic resonance imaging – clinical correlation.J. Neuroimaging. 1994; 4: 188-195
- Evaluation of brain lesion distribution criteria at disease onset in differentiating MS from NMOSD and MOG-IgG-associated encephalomyelitis.Mult. Scler. J. 2018; (see http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1352458518761186)
- MOG-IgG in NMO and related disorders: a multicenter study of 50 patients. Part 1: frequency, syndrome specificity, influence of disease activity, long-term course, association with AQP4-IgG, and origin.J. Neuroinflamm. 2016; 13: 279
- MOG encephalomyelitis: international recommendations on diagnosis and antibody testing.J. Neuroinflamm. 2018; 15: 1-10
- Brain lesion distribution criteria distinguish MS from AQP4-antibody NMOSD and MOG-antibody disease.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2017; 88: 132-136
- Antibodies to MOG in adults with inflammatory demyelinating disease of the CNS.Neurology. 2015; 2: 1-8
- Failure of natalizumab to prevent relapses in neuromyelitis optica.Arch. Neurol. 2012; 69: 239-245
- Distinction of seropositive NMO spectrum disorder and MS brain lesion distribution.Neurology. 2013; 80: 1330-1337
- Interferon beta treatment in neuromyelitis optica: increase in relapses and aquaporin 4 antibody titers.Arch. Neurol. 2010; 67: 1016-1017
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 378: 169-180
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: 2017 revisions of the McDonald criteria.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 162-173
- International consensus diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Neurology. 2015; 85: 177-189