- •Cardiovascular conditions in MS, NMOSD, and TM are as common as in unaffected individuals.
- •Individuals with MS had a higher burden of hypertension than control subjects.
- •Age of cardiovascular condition onset did not differ between demyelinating cases and control subjects.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Evaluation of comorbidities and health care resource use among patients with highly active neuromyelitis optica.J. Neurol. Sci. 2018; 384: 96-103
- Follow-up of hypertension in patients with multiple sclerosis.Iran J. Neurol. 2016; 15: 180-181
- Smoking and risk of multiple sclerosis: evidence of modification by NAT1 variants.Epidemiol. 2014; 25: 605-614
- Adverse socioeconomic position during the life course is associated with multiple sclerosis.J. Epidemiol. Commun. Health. 2014; 68: 622-629
- Mortality and comorbidities in patients with multiple sclerosis compared with a population without multiple sclerosis: an observational study using the US department of defense administrative claims database.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2015; 4: 546-554
- Influence of hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and obstructive lung disease on multiple sclerosis disease course.Multi. Sclero. 2016;
- Sedentary behavior and blood pressure in patients with multiple sclerosis.Int. J. M.S. Care. 2018; 20: 1-8
- Epidemiology of multiple sclerosis: results from a large observational study in the UK.J. Neurol. 2015; 262: 2033-2041
- Overlapping CNS inflammatory diseases: differentiating features of NMO and MS.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2015; 86: 20-25
- Comorbidity in multiple sclerosis: implications for patient care.Nature Rev. Neurol. 2017; 13: 375-382
- A systematic review of the incidence and prevalence of comorbidity in multiple sclerosis: overview.Multi. Sclero. 2015; 21: 263-281
- Cumulative impact of comorbidity on quality of life in MS.Acta. Neurol. Scand. 2012; 125: 180-186
- Comorbidity delays diagnosis and increases disability at diagnosis in MS.Neurol. 2009; 72: 117-124
- Vascular comorbidity is associated with more rapid disability progression in multiple sclerosis.Neurol. 2010; 74: 1041-1047
- Rising prevalence of vascular comorbidities in multiple sclerosis: validation of administrative definitions for diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.Multi. Sclero. 2012; 18: 1310-1319
- Factors associated with onset, relapses or progression in multiple sclerosis: a systematic review.Neurotoxicol. 2017; 61: 189-212
- Cerebrovascular hemodynamic changes in multiple sclerosis patients during head-up tilt table test: effect of high-dose intravenous steroid treatment.J. Neurol. 2013; 260: 2335-2342
- The Framingham cardiovascular risk score in multiple sclerosis.Eur. J. Neurol. 2015; 22: 1176-1183
- Neurological diseases in relation to the blood-brain barrier.J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 2012; 32: 1139-1151
- The role of the blood-brain barrier in hypertension.Exp. Physiol. 2018; 103: 337-342
- Risk factors for multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis optica and transverse myelitis.Multi. Sclero. 2015; 21: 703-709
- Impaired neurovisceral integration of cardiovascular modulation contributes to multiple sclerosis morbidities.Mol. Neurobiol. 2017; 54: 362-374
- The prevalence of the classical and non-classical cardiovascular risk factors in multiple sclerosis patients.CNS Neurol. Disord. Drug Targets. 2013; 12: 104-111
- Disease modifying therapies modulate cardiovascular risk factors in patients with multiple sclerosis.Cardiovasc. Ther. 2014; 32: 33-39
- Vascular comorbidities in multiple sclerosis: a nationwide study from Denmark.J. Neurol. 2016;