- •Revise highlights to: NMOSD Patients have worse quality of life in comparison to MS patients.
- •NMOSD patients can be screened for fatigue, depression, and related impaired abilities with better rehabilitation strategies Fatigue is the most important variable to predict quality of life in NMOSD patients.
- •Healthcare policymakers in Iran and other countries should make better health and welfare service policies for NMOSD patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- A sociological perspective on health-related quality of life research.Adv. Med. Sociol. 1994; 5: 1-21
- Quality of life in multiple sclerosis: the impact of depression, fatigue and disability.Mult. Scler. J. 2001; 7: 340-344
- Predicting quality of life in multiple sclerosis: accounting for physical disability, fatigue, cognition, mood disorder, personality, and behavior change.J. Neurol. Sci. 2005; 231: 29-34
- Gender differences in health-related quality of life in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. J. 2009; 15: 1339-1346
- Evaluation of health‐related quality of life, fatigue and depression in neuromyelitis optica.Eur. J. Neurol. 2011; 18: 836-841
- Validity and reliability of Persian version of Modified Fatigue Impact Scale (MFIS) questionnaire in Iranian patients with multiple sclerosis.Disabil. Rehabil. 2013; 35: 1509-1512
- Assessment of Cognitive Patterns Among Comorbid Depression and Anxiety Patients.Tehran Institute of Psychiatry, Tehran, Iran1993
- Psychometric properties of a Persian‐language version of the Beck Depression Inventory‐Second edition: BDI‐II‐PERSIAN.Depress. Anxiety. 2005; 21: 185-192
- The quality of life in chronic patients in the process of rehabilitation.Mater. Socio-Med. 2017; 29: 168
- Summary of comprehensive systematic review: Rehabilitation in multiple sclerosis report of the guideline development, dissemination, and implementation subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology.Neurology. 2015; 85: 1896-1903
- Cognitive function, depression, fatigue, and activities of daily living in patients with neuromyelitis optica after acute relapse.Int. J. Neurosci. 2011; 121: 677-683
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis: an example of cytokine mediated sickness behaviour?.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2006; 77: 34-39
- Quality of life in patients with multiple sclerosis: the impact of fatigue and depression.J. Neurol. Sci. 2002; 205: 51-58
- Health-related quality of life and culture.Semin. Oncol. Nurs. 2010;
- Pain in neuromyelitis optica and its effect on quality of life a cross-sectional study.Neurology. 2011; 77: 652-658
- Quality of life in multiple sclerosis: effects of current treatment options.Int. Rev. Psychiatry. 2010; 22: 67-82
- Factors influencing quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients: disability, depressive mood, fatigue and sleep quality.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2004; 110: 6-13
- Health-related quality of life in multiple sclerosis: the impact of disability, gender and employment status.Qual. Life Res. 2006; 15: 259-271
- Revised diagnostic criteria of multiple sclerosis.Autoimmun. Rev. 2014; 13: 518-524
- Reliability and validity of the Persian version of the Pittsburgh sleep quality index (PSQI-P).Sleep. Breath. 2012; 16: 79-82
Motamed N., Ayatollahi A., Zare N., Sadeghi Hassanabadi A., 2005. Validity and reliability of the Persian translation of the SF-36 version 2 questionnaire.
- Physical activity and quality of life in multiple sclerosis: intermediary roles of disability, fatigue, mood, pain, self-efficacy and social support.Psychol. Health Med. 2009; 14: 111-124
- Effectiveness of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation for patients with Neuromyelitis Optica.J. Spinal Cord. Med. 2016; 39: 311-316
- Comparison of the efficacy of azathioprine and rituximab in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: a randomized clinical trial.J. Neurol. 2017; 264: 2003-2009
- Quality of life and multiple sclerosis.Rev. Neurol. 2010; 51: 279-288
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis is related to disability, depression and quality of life.J. Neurol. Sci. 2006; 243: 39-45
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Multiple sclerosis: risk factors, prodromes, and potential causal pathways.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 727-739
Sand, I,K., 2016. Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders. CONTINUUM: Lifelong Learn. Neurol., 22 (3, Multiple Sclerosis and Other Demyelinating Diseases), pp. 864–96.
- Fatigue in multiple sclerosis is associated with the disruption of frontal and parietal pathways.Mult. Scler. 2009; 15: 337-344
- Factors that impact health-related quality of life in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: anxiety, disability, fatigue and depression.J. Neuroimmunol. 2016; 293: 54-58
- The relationship between diffuse axonal damage and fatigue in multiple sclerosis.Arch. Neurol. 2004; 61: 201-207
- International consensus diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Neurology. 2015; 85: 177-189
- Neuropathic pain in neuromyelitis optica affects activities of daily living and quality of life.Mult. Scler. J. 2014; 20: 1658-1661