We thank Dr. Tsigvoulis and his colleagues (
Tsivgoulis et al., 2018) both for their interest in, and for their comments about, our recent paper (
- Tsivgoulis G.
- Katsanos A.
- Voumvourakis K.
- Hadjigeorgiou G.
- Heliopoulos I.
- Karapanayiotides T.
- Papathanasopoulos P.
- Kilindireas C.
- Grigoriadis N.
Commentary on: comparing the efficacy of disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis.
Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018;
Mitsikostas and Goodin, 2017). The main scientific question we raised in our paper was whether, when making indirect comparisons between DMTs in MS, the combined use of both the number needed to treat (NNT) and the relative risk reduction (RR), provided a more accurate guide to relative efficacy than the use of either method alone. We appreciate the opportunity to further discuss these important issues.
- Mitsikostas D.D.
- Goodin D.S.
Comparing the efficacy of disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis.
Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2017; 18: 109-116
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- European/Canadian multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study of the effects of glatiramer acetate on magnetic resonance imagi- ng–measured disease activity and burden in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 2001; 49: 290-297
- Comparing the efficacy of disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2017; 18: 109-116
- Natalizumab plus interferon beta-1a for relapsing multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 911-923
- Commentary on: comparing the efficacy of disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018;
Published online: March 26, 2018
Accepted: March 14, 2018
Received: March 7, 2018
© 2018 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.