- •STM was the first myelitis event in 19.8% of NMOSD patients.
- •Patients with STM suffered less motor and bowel or bladder disability.
- •Compared with LETM, STM patients had better recovery, but earlier relapse.
- •Most STM lesions were ≥2 vertebral segments and involved the central grey matter.
- •Initial STM does not exclude consideration of NMOSD diagnosis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Evolution of longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis in an aquaporin-4 IgG-positive patient.Neurology. 2013; 81: 95-96
- Modifications of longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis and brainstem lesions in the course of neuromyelitis optica (NMO): a population-based, descriptive study.BMC Neurol. 2013; 13: 33
- Brain involvement in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Arch. Neurol. 2011; 68: 1432
- Short myelitis lesions in aquaporin-4-IgG-positive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.JAMA Neurol. 2015; 72: 81-87
- A clinical analysis of onset of high-risk demyelinating events in patients with neuromyelitis optica.Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2015; 54: 322-325
- Prevalence of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder in the multi-ethnic Penang Island, Malaysia, and a review of worldwide prevalence.Mult. Scler. Relat. Disord. 2018; 19: 20-24
Huh S.-.Y., Kim S.-.H., Hyun J.-.W. et al., 2017. Short segment myelitis as a first manifestation of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders. Vol. 0. 135245851668704.
- Contrasting disease patterns in seropositive and seronegative neuromyelitis optica: a multicentre study of 175 patients.J. Neuroinflamm. 2012; 9: 14
- Does interferon beta treatment exacerbate neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder?.Mult. Scler. 2012;
- Spinal cord lesions in patients with neuromyelitis optica: a retrospective long-term MRI follow-up study.Eur. Radiol. 2009; 19: 2535-2543
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983; 33: 1444
- IgG marker of optic-spinal multiple sclerosis binds to the aquaporin-4 water channel.J. Exp. Med. 2005; 202: 473-477
- Detection of anti-aquaporin 4 antibody in neuromyelitis optical.Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013; 93: 1012-1015
- Preferential spinal central gray matter involvement in neuromyelitis optica. An MRI study.J. Neurol. 2008; 255: 163-170
- NMO spectrum presenting as partial myelitis.Mult. Scler. 2013; 19: 252-253
- Brain abnormalities in neuromyelitis optica.Arch. Neurol. 2006; 63: 390-396
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 Revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Transverse myelitis: comparison with spinal cord presentations of multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 1998; 50: 429
- Multiple sclerosis in malaysia: demographics, clinical features, and neuroimaging characteristics.Mult. Scler. Int. 2013; 2013: 614716
- Neuromyelitis optica IgG predicts relapse after longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis.Ann. Neurol. 2006; 59: 566-569
- Revised diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica.Neurology. 2006; 66: 1485-1489
- The spectrum of neuromyelitis optica.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 805-815
- International consensus diagnostic criteria for neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.Neurology. 2015; 85: 177-189