- •Patients with multiple sclerosis should be informed about pregnancy issues.
- •Fingolimod should be discontinued at least two months before pregnancy.
- •Previous human studies have reported possible risk of congenital abnormalities following Fingolimod exposure during the first weeks of gestation.
- •Here we report a 33 year old patient with MS who had unexpected pregnancy with exposure to generic Fingolimod in the first weeks.
- •The infant was born with dextrocardia without any other structural or conductive heart abnormalities.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
Agency, E.M., 2013. Gilenya: EPAR: Product Information (updated July 2012). 〈http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/002202/WC500104528.pdf.57〉.
- Pregnancy and the use of disease-modifying therapies in patients with multiple sclerosis: benefits versus risks.Mult. Scler. Int. 2016; : 1034912
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors in health and disease: mechanistic insights from gene deletion studies and reverse pharmacology.Pharmacol. Ther. 2007; 115: 84-105
- Management of women with multiple sclerosis through pregnancy and after childbirth.Ther. Adv. Neurol. Disord. 2016; 9: 198-210
Geissbühler, Y., Vile, J., Koren, G. et al., 2016. 〈http://onlinelibrary.ectrims-congress.eu/ectrims/2016/32nd/146555/yvonne.geissbhler.cumulative.data.on.pregnancy.outcomes.after.exposure.to.html〉.
- Multiple sclerosis and pregnancy: therapeutic considerations.J. Neurol. 2013; 260: 1202-1214
- Pregnancy outcomes in the clinical development program of fingolimod in multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2014; 82: 674-680
- Fingolimod in the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: long-term experience and an update on the clinical evidence.Ther. Adv. Neurol. Disord. 2016; 9: 130-147
- Isolated dextrocardia and congenital heart blocking.Radiol. Case Rep. 2013; 8: 521
- Risk factors for heart disease associated with abnormal sidedness.Teratology. 2002; 66: 242-248