- •PLEX was an effective treatment in severe relapses.
- •The number of sessions should be adjusted to the specific clinic situation.
- •PLEX was a safe treatment for the majority of patients.
- •PLEX is an option for the treatment of relapses without complete recovery after corticosteroids.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Plasma exchange in episodes of severe inflammatory demyelination of the central nervous system. A report of six cases.J. Neurol. 2004; 251: 1515-1521
- Treatment of acute relapses in multiple sclerosis.Neurotherapeutics. 2013; 10: 97-105
- Evolving concepts in the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1347-1356
- Relapses and progression of disability in multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2000; 343: 1430-1438
- Evidence-based guideline update: plasmapheresis in neurologic disorders: report of the therapeutics and technology assessment subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology.Neurology. 2011; 76: 294-300
- Plasmapheresis in multiple sclerosis: preliminary findings.Neurology. 1980; 30: 1023-1028
- Plasma exchange response in 34 patients with severe optic neuritis.J. Neurol. 2016; 263: 883-887
- Erratum to: plasma exchange response in 34 patients with severe optic neuritis.J Neurol. 264. 2017: 1547
- High-dose intravenous methylprednisolone in the treatment of multiple sclerosis: clinical-immunologic correlations.Neurology. 1986; 36: 238-243
- Mechanisms of neuronal dysfunction and degeneration in multiple sclerosis.Prog. Neurobiol. 2011; 93: 1-12
- Response to therapeutic plasma exchange as a rescue treatment in clinically isolated syndromes and acute worsening of multiple sclerosis: a retrospective analysis of 90 patients.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0134583
- Corticosteroids for multiple sclerosis: I. Application for treating exacerbations.Neurotherapeutics. 2007; 4: 618-626
- Treatment of steroid unresponsive relapse with plasma exchange in aggressive multiple sclerosis.Ther. Apher. Dial. 2010; 14: 298-302
- Plasma exchange in a patient with tumefactive, corticosteroid-resistant multiple sclerosis.Int. J. MS Care. 2015; 17: 231-235
- Plasma exchange for severe attacks of CNS demyelination: predictors of response.Neurology. 2002; 58: 143-146
- Relation between humoral pathological changes in multiple sclerosis and response to therapeutic plasma exchange.Lancet. 2005; 366: 579-582
- Plasma exchange therapy for steroid-refractory superimposed relapses in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. 2007; 254: 1288-1289
- Plasma exchange for acute attacks of CNS demyelination: predictors of improvement at 6 months.Neurology. 2009; 73: 949-953
- Defining the clinical course of multiple sclerosis: the 2013 revisions.Neurology. 2014; 83: 278-286
- Heterogeneity of multiple sclerosis lesions: implications for the pathogenesis of demyelination.Ann. Neurol. 2000; 47: 707-717
- A short-term randomized MRI study of high-dose oral vs intravenous methylprednisolone in MS.Neurology. 2009; 73: 1842-1848
- Immunoadsorption and plasma exchange in multiple sclerosis: complement and plasma protein behaviour.Biomater. Artif. Cells Immobil. Biotechnol. 1991; 19: 283-296
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Treatment of steroid-unresponsive optic neuritis with plasma exchange.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2012; 126: 103-108
- Plasma exchange for severe optic neuritis: treatment of 10 patients.Neurology. 2004; 63: 1081-1083
- Plasma exchange therapy for steroid-unresponsive multiple sclerosis relapses: clinical experience with 16 patients.Nervenarzt. 2006; 77: 430-438
- EFNS guideline on treatment of multiple sclerosis relapses: report of an EFNS task force on treatment of multiple sclerosis relapses.Eur. J. Neurol. 2005; 12: 939-946
- Plasma exchange therapy in steroid-unresponsive relapses in patients with multiple sclerosis.Blood Purif. 2009; 28: 108-115
- Plasma exchange in the management of patients with multiple sclerosis: preliminary observations.Vox Sang. 1981; 41: 68-73
- Double-blind study of true vs. sham plasma exchange in patients treated with immunosuppression for acute attacks of multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 1989; 39: 1143-1149
- Therapeutic plasma exchange for acute inflammatory demyelinating syndromes of the central nervous system.J. Clin. Apher. 1999; 14: 144-148
- A randomized trial of plasma exchange in acute central nervous system inflammatory demyelinating disease.Ann. Neurol. 1999; 46: 878-886