- •Oligoclonal bands of IgG (OB) are proposed as an early prognostic factor of the disease.
- •Growing attention is directed towards brain volume as a possible marker of the severity of MS.
- •In our study OB positive patients show more white matter atrophy since early phases.
- •Our data supporting the role of CSF analysis as a prognostic factor in MS.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Multiple sclerosis: oligoclonal bands--a useful tool to avoid MS misdiagnosis.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2013; 9: 303-304
- Evaluating and reducing the impact of white matter lesions on brain volume measurements.Hum. Brain Mapp. 2012; 33: 2062-2071
- An abnormal periventricular magnetization transfer ratio gradient occurs early in multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2017; 140: 387-398
- Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: progress and challenges.Lancet. 2017; 389 (Epub 2016 Nov 24. Review PubMed PMID: 27889190.): 1336-1346https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30959-X
- Vitamin D responsive elements within the HLA-DRB1 promoter region in Sardinian multiple sclerosis associated alleles.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e41678
- Influence of treatments in multiple sclerosis disability: a cohort study.Mult. Scler. 2015; 21: 433-441
- The clinical course of multiple sclerosis.Handb. Clin. Neurol. 2014; 122 (Review PubMed PMID: 24507525.): 343-369https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-444-52001-2.00014-5
- Clinical relevance of brain volume measures in multiple sclerosis.CNS Drugs. 2014; 28: 147-156
- Brain atrophy and lesion load measures over 1 year relate to clinical status after 6 years in patients with clinically isolated syndromes.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2010; 81: 204-208
- Cerebrospinal fluid oligoclonal bands in multiple sclerosis and clinically isolated syndromes: a meta-analysis of prevalence, prognosis and effect of latitude.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2013; 84: 909-914
- Multiple sclerosis patients lacking oligoclonal bands in the cerebrospinal fluid have less global and regional brain atrophy.J. Neuroimmunol. 2014; 2014
- Clinical, MRI, and CSF markers of disability progression in multiple sclerosis.Dis. Markers. 2013; 35: 687-699
- Cerebrospinal fluid analysis.Handb. Clin. Neurol. 2014; 122: 681-702
- The topograpy of demyelination and neurodegeneration in the multiple sclerosis brain.Brain. 2016; 139: 807-815
- CSF oligoclonal band status informs prognosis in multiple sclerosis: a case control study of 100 patients.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2009; 80: 292-296
- Primary progressive multiple sclerosis Evolving From Radiologically isolated syndrome.Ann. Neurol. 2016; 79: 288-294
- The frequency of CSF oligoclonal banding in multiple sclerosis increases with latitude.Mult. Scler. 2012; 18: 974-982
- Does cerebrospinal fluid analysis add predictive value to magnetic resonance imaging for long term irreversible disability in patients with early multiple sclerosis?.J. Neurol. Sci. 2015; 354: 51-55
- Predictive value of early brain atrophy on response in patients treated with interferon β.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2015; 2: e132
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Oligoclonal bands in the cerebrospinal fluid and increased brain atrophy in early stages of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Arq. Neuropsiquiatr. 2012; 70: 574-577
- Brain atrophy in relapsing multiple sclerosis: relationship to relapses, EDSS, and treatment with interferon beta-1a.Mult. Scler. 2000; 6: 365-372
- Accurate, robust and automated longitudinal and cross-sectional brain change analysis.NeuroImage. 2002; 17: 479-489
- Defining brain volume cutoffs to identify clinically relevant atrophy in RRMS.Mult. Scler. 2016; 13: 187-193
- Overexpression of the cytokine BAFF and autoimmunity risk.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 376: 1615-1626
- Defining high, medium and low impact prognostic factors for developing multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2015; 138: 1863-1874
- Combining clinical and magnetic resonance imaging markers enhances prediction of 12-year disability in multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. 2016; 6: 112-116
- Treating relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: therapy effects on brain atrophy.J. Neurol. 2015; 262: 2617-2626
- Brain volume loss during the first year of interferon-beta treatment: baseline inflammation and tissue-specific volume dynamics.J. Neuroimaging. 2016;
- Automated brain volumetrics in multiple sclerosis: a step closer to clinical application.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2016;
- Evidence-based guidelines: MAGNIMS consensus guidelines on the use of MRI in multiple sclerosis--establishing disease prognosis and monitoring patients.Nat. RevNeurol. 2015; 11: 597-606
- Clinical relevance of brain atrophy assessment in multiple sclerosis. Implications for its use in a clinical routine.Expert Rev. Neurother. 2016; 13: 1-17