- •Taken together, psychiatric morbidity seems to commence after onset of pediatric MS.
- •No association was found between psychiatric morbidity and the subsequent rate of MS (p=0.53).
- •Children with MS had a two times higher hazard for psychiatric co-morbidity compared with children without MS (p<0.001).
Abbreviations:ATC (Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical), DMSR (Danish Multiple Sclerosis Registry), CI (Confidence intervals), HR (Hazard Ratio), ICD (International classification of diseases), NPR (National Patient Register), MS (Multiple Sclerosis), CNS (Central Nervous System)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Survival and Event History Analysis: A Process Point of View.Springer, 2008: 190-203
- Cognitive and psychosocial features of childhood and juvenile MS.Neurology. 2008; 70: 1891-1897
- Adjustment for misclassification in studies of familial aggregation of disease using routine register data.Stat. Med. 2002; 21: 3595-3607
- The Danish national health service register.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 34-37
- The cognitive burden of multiple sclerosis in children.Neurology. 2005; 64 (Mar 8): 891-894
- Onset symptoms in paediatric multiple sclerosis.Dan. Med J. 2014; 61: A4800
- Pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis and other acquired demyelinating syndromes of the central nervous system in Denmark during 1977-2015: A nationwide population-based incidence study.Mult. Scler. 2017;
- Methods for the analysis of sampled cohort data in the cox proportional hazards model.Ann. Stat. 1995; 23: 1749-1778
- Psychosocial issue in children and adolescents with multiple sclerosis.Neurol. Sci. J. Ital. Neurol. Soc. Ital. Soc. Clin. Neurophysiol. 2010; 31: 467-470
- Psychiatric co-morbidity in multiple sclerosis: the risk of depression and anxiety before and after MS diagnosis.Mult. Scler. Houndmills Basingstoke Engl. 2016; 22: 347-353
- Cognitive impairment occurs in children and adolescents with multiple sclerosis: results from a United States network.J. Child Neurol. 2013; 28: 102-107
- The Danish Multiple Sclerosis Registry. History, data collection and validity.Dan. Med Bull. 2001; 48: 91-94
- Registers of multiple sclerosis in Denmark.Acta Neurol. Scand. Suppl. 2015; 132: 4-10
- The Danish national patient register.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 30-33
- Cognitive functioning in children and adolescents with multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2005; 64: 1422-1425
- Psychiatric disorders in children with demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system.Mult Scler. 2017; (Jul 1; 1352458517719150)
- The Danish civil registration system.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 22-25
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2005 revisions to the “McDonald criteria.”.Ann. Neurol. 2005; 58: 840-846
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 Revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69 (Feb 1): 292-302
- New diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines for research protocols.Ann. Neurol. 1983; 13: 227-231
- Natural history of multiple sclerosis with childhood onset.N. Engl. J. Med. 2007; 356: 2603-2613
- Posterior brain damage and cognitive impairment in pediatric multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2014; 82: 1314-1321
Statistikbanken [Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 31]. Available from: 〈http://www.statistikbanken.dk/statbank5a/default.asp?W=1920〉.
- Immortal time bias in observational studies of drug effects.Pharmacoepidemiol. Drug Saf. 2007; 16: 241-249
- Cognitive dysfunction in pediatric multiple sclerosis.Neuropsychiatr. Dis. Treat. 2014; 10: 1385-1392
Thormann A., Magyari M., Koch-henriksen NJ, Laursen B., Sørensen PS. Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and psychoses in multiple sclerosis: a population-based, nationwide study in Denmark: O2113. Eur J Neurol [Internet]. 2016 Jun 1 [cited 2017 May 15];23. Available from: 〈https://insights.ovid.com/european-neurology/ejneu/2016/06/002/bipolar-disorder-schizophrenia-psychoses-multiple/130/00054821〉.
- Introduction to Danish (nationwide) registers on health and social issues: structure, access, legislation, and archiving.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 12-16
- MRI correlates of cognitive impairment in childhood-onset multiple sclerosis.Neuropsychology. 2011; 25: 319-332
- Psychiatric comorbidity in pediatric patients with demyelinating disorders.J. Child Neurol. 2010; 25: 192-202