- •A severe relapse under treatment with natalizumab is unexpected.
- •Rule out progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy is required.
- •We hypothesize an association with development of antibodies to the drug.
- •Costimulation of peripheral T-cells could play a role.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Natalizumab exerts direct signaling capacity and supports a pro-inflammatory phenotype in some patients with multiple sclerosis.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e52208
- Paradoxically aggressive multiple sclerosis in the face of natalizumab therapy.Mult Scler. 2008; 14: 708-710
Butzkueven H, Kappos L, Pellegrini F, Trojano M, Wiendl H, Patel RN, Zhang A, Hotermans C, Belachew S; on behalf of the TYSABRI Observational Program (TOP) Investigators. Efficacy and safety of natalizumab in multiple sclerosis: interim observational programme results. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- The incidence and significance of anti-natalizumab antibodies. Results from AFFIRM and SENTINEL.Neurology. 2007; 69: 1391-1403
- Update on PML and PML-IRIS occurring in multiple sclerosis patients treated with natalizumab.J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012; 71: 604-617
- Severe relapses after the first infusion of natalizumab in active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2009; 15: 1359-1362
- Role of the VLA-4 molecule in T cell costimulation. Identification of the tyrosine phosphorylation pattern induced by the ligation of VLA-4.J Immunol. 1995; 155: 2938-2947
- Fatal neuroinflammation in a case of multiple sclerosis with anti-natalizumab antibodies.Neurology. 2013; 80: 965-967
- A giant MS plaque mimicking PML during natalizumab treatment.J Neurol Sci. 2010; 291: 110-113
- Risk stratification of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy under natalizumab: recommendations for JC virus serology.Nervenarzt. 2011; 82: 1314-1319