- •An evidence based online decision support tool for prognosis simulation is presented.
- •Relevant variables are synthesized in a comprehensive and easy to use model interface.
- •The onset of the secondary progressive phase and long-term disability are emphasized.
- •Model validation results are in line with the existing scientific evidence.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Longitudinal disability curves for predicting the course of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2003; 9: 486-491
- A prospective study on the prognosis of multiple sclerosis.Neurol Sci. 2000; 21: S831-S838
- Predicting secondery progression in relapse-remitting multiple sclerosis: a Bayesian analysis.J Neurol Sci. 2001; 189: 13-21
- Early prediction of the long term evolution of multiple sclerosis: the Bayesian Risk Estimate for Multiple Sclerosis (BREMS) score.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007; 78: 757-759
- Immunomodulatory therapies delay disease progression in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler J. 2012; 0: 1-9
- A longitudinal study of abnormalities on MRI and disability from multiple sclerosis.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 158-164
- Cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis.Lancet Neurol. 2008; 7: 1139-1151
- Early clinical predictors and progression of irreversible disability in multiple sclerosis: an amnesic process.Brain. 2003; 126: 770-782
- Natural history of multiple sclerosis in a population-based cohort.Eur J Neurol. 2008; 15: 916-921
- Cerebrospinal fluid oligoclonal bands in multiple sclerosis and clinically isolated syndromes: a meta-analysis of prevalence, prognosis and effect of latitude.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013; 0: 1-6
- Systems modeling and simulation applications for critical care medicine.Ann Intensive Care. 2012; 2: 18
- Disability and T2 MRI lesions: a 20-year follow-up of patients with relapse onset of multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2008; 131: 808-817
- Treatment optimization in multiple sclerosis.Can J Neurol Sci. 2004; 31: 157-168
- A Web-based tool for personalized prediction of long-term disease course in patients with multiple sclerosis.Eur J Neurol. 2013; 20: 1107-1109
- The Multiple Sclerosis Severity Score (MSSS) re-examined: EDSS rank stability in the MSBase dataset increases 5 years after onset of multiple sclerosis.Neurol Asia. 2008; 13: 217-219
- Decisions on multiple sclerosis immunotherapy: new treatment complexities urge patient engagement.J Neurol Sci. 2011; 306: 192-197
- Prognostic risk estimates of patients with multiple sclerosis and their physicians: comparison to an online analytical risk counseling tool.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e59042https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0059042
Hughes SE, Spelman T, Bianchi E, Méchattii S, Butzkueven H. For the MSBase investigators. MS Curves: a new online tool for assessing MS severity using the MSBase Registry. In: Proceedings of the ECTRIMS 28th conference of the European committee for the treatment and research in multiple sclerosis. Lyon, France; 10–13 October 2012. Also available at 〈http://www.msbase.org〉.
- Disability in multiple sclerosis: a reference for patients and clinicians.Neurology. 2013; 80: 1018-1024
- Treatment with interferon beta-1b delays conversion to clinically definite and McDonald MS in patients with clinically isolated syndromes.Neurology. 2006; 67: 1242-1249
- Long term effect of early treatment with interferon beta-1b after a first clinical event suggestive of multiple sclerosis: 5-year active extension of the phase 3 BENEFIT trial.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 987-997
- The natural history of multiple sclerosis: a geographically based study 9: observations on the progressive phase of the disease.Brain. 2006; 129: 584-594
- A new oligoclonal band test accurately predicts conversion to MS.Neurology. 2006; 66: 576-578
- Course and prognosis of chronic progressive multiple sclerosis. Results of an epidemiological study.Acta Neurol Scand. 1988; 78: 10-15
- The prognostic value of brain MRI in clinically isolated syndromes of the CNS. A 10-year follow-up.Brain. 1998; 121: 495-503
- The multiple sclerosis severity score (MSSS) predicts disease severity over time.J Neurol Sci. 2009; 278: 66-70
- Multiple Sclerosis Severity Score: using disability and disease duration to rate disease severity.Neurology. 2005; 64: 1144-1151
- Onset of secondary progressive phase and long-term evolution of multiple sclerosis.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013; 00: 1-9
- Association between use of interferon beta and progression of disability in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.J Am Med Assoc. 2012; 308: 247-256
- Time to secondary progression in patients with multiple sclerosis treated with first generation immunomodulating drugs and historical controls, adjusted for clinical covariates.Mult Scler J. 2013; 19: 765-774
- Baseline MRI predicts future attacks and disability in clinically isolated syndromes.Neurology. 2006; 67: 968-972
- Do oligoclonal bands add information to MRI in first attacks of multiple sclerosis?.Neurology. 2008; 70: 1079-1083
- Natural history of secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2008; 14: 314-324
- New perspectives in the natural history of multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2010; 74: 2004-2015
- Age-related disability in multiple sclerosis.Ann Neurol. 2002; 51: 475-480
- Real-life impact of early interferon beta therapy in relapsing multiple sclerosis.Ann Neurol. 2009; 66: 513-520
- An agent-based simulation model for informed shared decision making in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2013; 2: 377-384
- Early differential diagnosis of multiple sclerosis using a new oligoclonal band test.Arch Neurol. 2005; 62: 574-577
- Natural history of multiple sclerosis: risk factors and prognostic indicators.Curr Opin Neurol. 2007; 20: 269-274
- Treatment optimization in multiple sclerosis.Neurol Sci. 2005; 26: S187-S192
- Commentary prognostic models: clinically useful or quickly forgotten.Br Med J. 1995; 311: 1539
- NetLogo.Northwestern University, Evanston IL: Center for Connected Learning and Computer Based Modeling1999