- •We identified 918 ChIP-Seq NF-κB p65 binding sites on protein-coding genes.
- •The binding sites were accumulated in promoter and intronic regions.
- •Their molecular network was associated with immune functions relevant to MS.
- •They included 10 MS risk genes and 49 MS brain lesion-specific proteins.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- Impaired expression of peripheral blood apoptotic-related gene transcripts in acute multiple sclerosis relapse.Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2007; 1107: 155-167
- Nuclear factor-κB. A pivotal transcription factor in chronic inflammatory diseases.New England Journal of Medicine. 1997; 336: 1066-1071
- Activation of NF-κB and c-jun transcription factors in multiple sclerosis lesions. Implications for oligodendrocyte pathology.American Journal of Pathology. 1999; 155: 1433-1438
- The NF-κB regulator MALT1 determines the encephalitogenic potential of Th17 cells.Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2012; 122: 4698-4709
- Ablation of CD22 in ligand-deficient mice restores B cell receptor signaling.Nature Immunology. 2006; 7: 199-206
- Immunopathogenesis of multiple sclerosis.Clinical Immunology. 2012; 142: 2-8
- Changes in the activation level of NF-kappa B in lymphocytes of MS patients during glucocorticoid pulse therapy.Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2008; 264: 145-150
- Architecture of the human regulatory network derived from ENCODE data.Nature. 2012; 489: 91-100
- Introduction to NF-κB: players, pathways, perspectives.Oncogene. 2006; 25: 6680-6684
- REL, encoding a member of the NF-κB family of transcription factors, is a newly defined risk locus for rheumatoid arthritis.Nature Genetics. 2009; 41: 820-823
- Transcription factor NF-κB and inhibitor IκBα are localized in macrophages in active multiple sclerosis lesions.Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology. 1998; 57: 168-178
- Proteomic analysis of active multiple sclerosis lesions reveals therapeutic targets.Nature. 2008; 451: 1076-1081
- NF-κB and the immune response.Oncogene. 2006; 25: 6758-6780
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in NF-κB-deficient mice: roles of NF-κB in the activation and differentiation of autoreactive T cells.Journal of Immunology. 1999; 163: 2937-2943
- Systematic and integrative analysis of large gene lists using DAVID bioinformatics resources.Nature Protocols. 2009; 4: 44-57
- Genetic risk and a primary role for cell-mediated immune mechanisms in multiple sclerosis.Nature. 2011; 476: 214-219
- Variation in transcription factor binding among humans.Science. 2010; 328: 232-235
- B cells and antibodies in multiple sclerosis pathogenesis and therapy.Nature Reviews Neurology. 2012; 8: 613-623
- ChIP-Seq guidelines and practices of the ENCODE and modENCODE consortia.Genome Research. 2012; 22: 1813-1831
- Primary infection with the Epstein-Barr virus and risk of multiple sclerosis.Annals of Neurology. 2010; 67: 824-830
- Gene expression changes in multiple sclerosis relapse suggest activation of T and non-T cells.Molecular Medicine. 2011; 17: 95-102
- Distribution of NF-κB-binding sites across human chromosome 22.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2003; 100: 12247-12252
- Beta-interferon unbalances the peripheral T cell proinflammatory response in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.Molecular Immunology. 2007; 44: 3597-3607
- Inhibitors in the NFκB cascade comprise prime candidate genes predisposing to multiple sclerosis, especially in selected combinations.Genes and Immunity. 2002; 3: 211-219
- Functional variants in NFKBIE and RTKN2 involved in activation of the NF-κB pathway are associated with rheumatoid arthritis in Japanese.PLoS Genetics. 2012; 8: e1002949
- Crosstalk in NF-κB signaling pathways.Nature Immunology. 2011; 12: 695-708
- Activation of nuclear factor-κB in the spinal cord of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.Neuroscience Letters. 2000; 287: 17-20
- Activators and target genes of Rel/NF-κB transcription factors.Oncogene. 1999; 18: 6853-6866
- Signaling pathways and genes that inhibit pathogen-induced macrophage apoptosis. CREB and NF-κB as key regulators.Immunity. 2005; 23: 319-329
- ChIP-Seq: advantages and challenges of a maturing technology.Nature Reviews Genetics. 2009; 10: 669-680
- The NF-κB activation pathway: a paradigm in information transfer from membrane to nucleus.Science's STKE. 1999; 1999 (RE1)
- Molecular network analysis of T-cell transcriptome suggests aberrant regulation of gene expression by NF-κB as a biomarker for relapse of multiple sclerosis.Disease Markers. 2008; 25: 27-35
Satoh J, Tabunoki H. Molecular network of ChIP-Seq-based vitamin D receptor target genes. Multiple Sclerosis; 2013 [in press]. PMID: 23401126. DOI: 10.1177/1352458512471873.
- Bioinformatics approach to identifying molecular biomarkers and networks in multiple sclerosis.Clinical and Experimental Neuroimmunology. 2010; 1: 127-140
- Molecular network of the comprehensive multiple sclerosis brain-lesion proteome.Multiple Sclerosis. 2009; 15: 531-541
- Cross talk between stimulated NF-κB and the tumor suppressor p53.Oncogene. 2010; 29: 2795-2806
- Interaction of NF-κB and NFAT with the interferon-γ promoter.Journal of Biological Chemistry. 1997; 272: 30412-30420
- Chariot A. Phosphorylation of NF-κB and IκB proteins: implications in cancer and inflammation.Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 2005; 30: 43-52
- NF-κBa potential therapeutic target for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.CNS & Neurological Disorders: Drug Targets. 2008; 7: 536-557
- Inhibition of transcription factor NF-κB in the central nervous system ameliorates autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice.Nature Immunology. 2006; 7: 954-961
- CD81 gene defect in humans disrupts CD19 complex formation and leads to antibody deficiency.Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2010; 120: 1265-1274
- Cutting edge: TNF receptor-associated factor 4 restricts IL-17-mediated pathology and signaling processes.Journal of Immunology. 2012; 189: 33-37
- Aberrant CD40-induced NF-κB activation in human lupus B lymphocytes.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e41644
Ziesché E, Kettner-Buhrow D, Weber A, et al. The coactivator role of histone deacetylase 3 in IL-1-signaling involves deacetylation of p65 NF-κB. Nucleic Acids Research; 2013;41:90–109. 10.1093/nar/gks916.