The cornerstone for a clinical diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS) is the demonstration of dissemination in space (DIS) and time (DIT) of lesions in the central nervous system suggestive of demyelination in the absence of a differential diagnosis that would better explain a patient's symptoms (
Polman and Reingold, 2011).
- Polman C.H.
- Reingold S.C.
- et al.
Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.
Annals of Neurology. 2011; 69: 292-302
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Point-of-care collection of SNOMED clinical terms to create a research dataset for multiple sclerosis in East London (abstract).William Harvey Day, London2012 (p. S14)
- Optimized interleaved whole-brain 3D double inversion recovery (DIR) sequence for imaging the neocortex.Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2004; 51: 1181-1186
- Consensus recommendations for MS cortical lesion scoring using double inversion recovery MRI.Neurology. 2011; 76: 418-424
- Differential diagnosis of suspected multiple sclerosis: a consensus approach.Multiple Sclerosis. 2008; 14: 1157-1174
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Annals of Neurology. 2011; 69: 292-302
- In vivo assessment of the brain and cervical cord pathology of patients with primary progressive multiple sclerosis.Brain. 2001; 124: 2540-2549
- The natural history of multiple sclerosis: a geographically based study 10: relapses and long-term disability.Brain. 2010; 133: 1914-1929
- Solitary sclerosis: progressive myelopathy from solitary demyelinating lesion.Neurology. 2012; 78: 540-544
- Improved detection of cortical MS lesions with phase-sensitive inversion recovery MRI.Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry. 2012; 83: 877-882
Published online: March 04, 2013
© 2013 Elsevier B.V. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.